B3 Suspension Settings - Page 7 - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 06:37 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
@mvferr: Can you please put your bike year and model in your signature though USER CP? Barring that, could you start your question with I have a _____(MY) ________(model) and .....

It will help us help you.

Gapalicious 2020 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from Sept. 23-Sept.27, 2020

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 07:49 AM

New Site Garage
[QUOTE=Pug;815402]Have read about others changing the suspension and having it done by "guru's" so perhaps we could start a listing to help others, or confuse?
I set mine up with trial and error over 5 months doing one small change at a time and is set for twisty tight mountain range riding, I am 85kgs ready to ride.
Measurements are listed by same method as per the owners manual.
I found the standard settings too soft for my liking, could get a bit of a wallow up but now is firm and stable and as a bonus it does not
headshake anywhere as much as before - no steering damper fitted.

Front

Preload = 9 turns
Rebound = 0.5 turn
Compression = 2.5 turns

Rear
Preload = 2 turns harder from standard approx 14mm of thread above locknut
Rebound = 1 turn
Compression = 1.5 turns

Hi mate Just starting to dial in my 2018 800rr suspension, I have ridden on factory settings so far up to Townsville from Brisbane and would like try and sort out a bit more compliance particularly in the rear as it is pretty harsh at present.i checked this thread and noted your post was a while ago have you found out anything new to add ?
I will sort rear sag out to start with, then mess with the front as per your suggestion riders weigh 80kg really looking forward to a run up the gillies 🤙 have you had much to do with bike craft in cairns they are apparently my service and warranty guys . My 750 F4 was the best handling motorcycle Iíd ever ridden till I got this new thing wow itís impressive and a ton of fun too.
post #63 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 02:20 PM

I run the front as it is in the owners manual.
Quite satisfying.

But the rear was horrible, tried compression down to zero, had then to ad some rebound.
I ride a lot in the Italian Alps, streets there are somewhat "special", every few hundred 100 m you got different asphalt.
No way to have the rear adjusted to these conditions.

So I went for a Wilbers (German brand) rear shock.
Not stiff now, but much more feeling for the rear. Problems with short impacts on the back is solved - bike stays quiet. Does not behave like a Mustang...
And no pumping on the rear when hard on thottle - rebound still strong.

Still have the Andreani cardridges for the fork in the Garage, will put them in after rding season.....

I motori sono come le donne, bisogna saperli toccare nelle parti piu' sensibili.......
__________________________________________________ ___________________
2018 Brutale 800RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 02:36 AM

New Site Garage
Thanks Pug set mine up similar working well cheers mate.
post #65 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 03:25 AM

New Site Garage
hi there
I'm using Ackers setup https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/815626-post3.html and it far more better than original setup. thanks.

but I have a problem with the forks... they are toooooooo soft, previoulsy I installed ohlins cartridges, but I wanted to sell the bike so I removed (and sell) and then I think I'm gonna stay a bit longer with the bike, so I would like to change spring and oil. Do you know where I can find springs for this model ? mine is a Brutale 800 2013.

thanks !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode