Rear caliper seized - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

So @Deano first I should check if the brake lever pivot is not seized. Then do a complete bleeding of the fluid and refill with fresh fluid. And also diagnose if it is the master cylinder or caliper.( the way @mitchy mentioned Sunday).

@if u have any picture on the adjustment of the lever and changing the stroke that will be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Chuck I just saw what u wrote. I’m gonna do all that tonight n get back to u. Thanks a lot as always
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 05:06 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majmv View Post
So @Deano first I should check if the brake lever pivot is not seized. Then do a complete bleeding of the fluid and refill with fresh fluid. And also diagnose if it is the master cylinder or caliper.( the way @mitchy mentioned Sunday).

@if u have any picture on the adjustment of the lever and changing the stroke that will be great.

That's what I'd do mate. I'll try to post some pics later today.

Cheers

Deano

2009 1078RR Brutale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 01:08 AM

New Site Garage
Here's some pics. Shows 8mm and clear hose on rear caliper, brake pedal and clip. Undo 10mm locknut (spanner down) while holding forked shaft with screwdriver. Back locknut down toward master cylinder a few turns. Turn fork 4-5 turns in your case toward master cylinder, retighten locknut, put pedal and clip back on and see how it feels. May need more, maybe less.
Cheers
Deano
Attached Images

2009 1078RR Brutale
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 10:46 AM

@Deano is that a hole in your exhaust, removed bracket?
esq'z me likes this.

----------------------------------------
2015 MV F4, ABS
ECU Re-Mapped with ECU studio (F4 RC base ROM)
QS & Blipper now working with ECU studio and Durashift sensor

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 05:53 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansoarr View Post
@Deano is that a hole in your exhaust, removed bracket?

Yeah mate, it is. Took a run up the Atherton Tablelands a few weeks ago and it pissed down. Bike sat for a couple of weeks before I could clean it. Noticed the bracket had broken off. It had been welded on by my son after it came off a while ago.

Unfortunately my boy's welding was much better than the original cos this time it's torn a hole in the muffler. Only noticed it when I posted the pictures. I was waiting for someone to notice and chip in.

Put my Arrow system on yesterday and will get him to repair the HP. Going to leave that bracket off. Never did line up properly anyway no matter what I did and not really needed anyway.

Cheers

Deano

2009 1078RR Brutale
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Sorry for the late reply. I had to give the wife a little attention.(she was complaining I was spending more time with the bike than her). So over the weekend I adjusted the brake lever exactly how @Deano mentioned and now it works properly engaging the brake light switch. My gas tank was full. I was being lazy. But instead of removing the tank to flush and refill with new brake fluid I just removed the 8mm bolt holding the reservoir to the bike and slowing moved it outside and secured it to my bike frame. After that I removed the screws to the cap of the reservoir and bled the whole brake system. I was extra careful not to spill any brake fluid. Took it for a ride but was too scared to use the rear brake at all. I will let u guys know if anything happens in the future. Thanks for all ur help.
Attached Images

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majmv View Post
Sorry for the late reply. I had to give the wife a little attention.(she was complaining I was spending more time with the bike than her). So over the weekend I adjusted the brake lever exactly how @Deano mentioned and now it works properly engaging the brake light switch. My gas tank was full. I was being lazy. But instead of removing the tank to flush and refill with new brake fluid I just removed the 8mm bolt holding the reservoir to the bike and slowing moved it outside and secured it to my bike frame. After that I removed the screws to the cap of the reservoir and bled the whole brake system. I was extra careful not to spill any brake fluid. Took it for a ride but was too scared to use the rear brake at all. I will let u guys know if anything happens in the future. Thanks for all ur help.
I often ask the Mrs to help me when I am bleeding the brakes and clutch on my bikes.....She is very good at fault finding lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode