Lean angle on tires - Page 7 - MVAgusta.net
 47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 06:25 AM

Robbdoes great tool/info......ESQ Z ME When I had to change my riding stylefrom Normal knee down to Strait Up and down like Agostinni in the 1960s, my tire wear went from normal to having 4mm chicken strip/edge. Even If I wore the rest of the tire down to the cords. Front and rear tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 08:25 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Number 2 Craftsman tools makes an angle finder with a magnetic base or can be hung on a wire . BUT, how to see it? use the magnetic base then borrow(hopefully you know someone that has one ) One of those sport cameras( sorry 4:30 am no sleepforget the name brand) and record the angle finder readings as your doing laps on track day.
This wont work, they rely on gravity like a plumb bob. Think about if you had a cup of water on your tank, it would nt spill in a corner, the same reason why we have to lean a bike over in the first place. I'm struggling to put it into words but it wont work....... I do wonder if a phone APP will work on that basis too, I believe they work on an accelerometer to calculate position. I think you need a gyro based sensor like you have on a helicopter (or this: https://www.aimshop.com/products/aim...ope-motorcycle) if you want an accurate reading.

2012 MV F4RR Corsa Corta
post #63 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 09:24 AM

Yeh agreed. Phone measurement would be pretty unreliable.
Just like people who use a phone for lap times. It is okay if it has an external receiver (like QStarz) but not if it is off the phone GPS on its own. In a previous life I raced mountain bikes. Phones were notoriously inaccurate for people that used them. The reason is because the sample rate on the phones is lower because is not meant to be used at those speeds. If the GPS on a phone was always taking that many data points it would be using up processing power that would otherwise be used for phone tasks that people find more valuable.

2000 F4 750
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 09:32 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Took a demo ride on a new Aprillia Tuono yesterday...noticed the dash has a lean angle indicator built in !!! I paid no attention to it while on the track, but there it was !!

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #65 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Took a demo ride on a new Aprillia Tuono yesterday...noticed the dash has a lean angle indicator built in !!! I paid no attention to it while on the track, but there it was !!
lol i didnt look at the dash once except when leaving the pit.

your style is akin to doohan of decades ago. riding behind you on track when we were playing, in the corners i noticed your head and shoulders above your bike center line. like on dirtbikes, this pushes your bike under at greater lean angles. faster or not is subjective.. but you'd be safer for sure if you worked on getting those shoulders down and into the corner, which places the bike more upright, giving you more tire to play with.
esq'z me likes this.
post #66 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 09:01 AM

New Site Garage
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Stewart
Looking at the pictures its obvious I need to work to get my upper body down more as well.

Quote:
Ha I never even looked, it was such a busy dash. I was just making sure I didnt mess up the TC settings.

Fun bike though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #67 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Saw one at the Phillip Island expo last year. Lean angle and braking force displays plus hands free phone calls.

Who the hell is looking at their lean angle and braking force in a corner???

Motos are my escape. I will never be on a phone on one. Even hands free they take away your attention.

Still, if I were to purchase a modern bike it is the one I would choose. The problem is here I would lose my license in short order.
esq'z me, bogie and AlienResidents like this.

2000 F4 750

Last edited by Glenno; 06-19-2019 at 03:05 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode