Carbon Lorraine (aka CL) XBK5 Brake Pads are Great - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By stephen3141593

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Carbon Lorraine (aka CL) XBK5 Brake Pads are Great

I just installed Carbon Lorraine (CL) XBK5 brake pads on my 2013 F4. They are a sintered pad, like most high performance pads. The pads give me the easy to modulate initial bite that I've been looking for. The original Brembo pads and the EBC HH's that I have tried, all have a heavy initial bite that compresses the forks and unsettles the ride. I've only ridden my F4 on the street so I can't say how the CL XBK5 pads will work on the track. But for the street, stopping at stop lights, braking into corners, their very linear braking force is great.
MVBERT likes this.

Last edited by stephen3141593; 05-22-2019 at 04:47 PM. Reason: The pads are XBK not SBK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 05:58 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen3141593 View Post
I just installed Carbon Lorraine (CL) XBK5 brake pads on my 2013 F4. They are a sintered pad, like most high performance pads. The pads give me the easy to modulate initial bite that I've been looking for. The original Brembo pads and the EBC HH's that I have tried, all have a heavy initial bite that compresses the forks and unsettles the ride. I've only ridden my F4 on the street so I can't say how the CL XBK5 pads will work on the track. But for the street, stopping at stop lights, braking into corners, their very linear braking force is great.
Glad you posted this i am thinking of changing to the CL pads for my 2006 model which at 12000 miles still have the original pads in and while they work fine I feel they are past their best will post results.

Keep your MV in good repair: motorcycle boots are not designed for walking.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 09:41 PM

Thanks @stephen3141593 I was just reading up on those pads last night. I'll be needing new pad this summer. Anyone else with CL pads for street or track?

E d w a r d B4910s08

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Forum Introduction Thread)
2. Include your LOCATION in your profile: Tools > User CP > Your Profile > Edit Your details > Additional Information > Location
3. Include your BIKE MODEL/S in your signature: Tools > User CP > Settings & Options > Edit Signature
Special thanks to forum member Donsy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode