Tyre Recommendation Turismo Veloce - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Tyre Recommendation Turismo Veloce

Or maybe the thread post should be yet another another another tyre thread...……..? The good news is that I will keep it simple. I have narrowed my choice down to the Michelin Power RS versus the Michelin Road 5. I ride mainly in the UK (so it's important that the tyres can get warm when the weather is luke-warm at best), never with a pillion and generally reasonably spirited riding along quieter, curvy B roads and A roads. But, I'm no Marquez or Rossi......….
Needless to say I don't like shedding out £250 for a new set of tyres but I will sacrifice a bit of longevity for better grip/performance. So, does anybody have any first hand experience of these 2 tyres ?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 02:38 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigH View Post
Or maybe the thread post should be yet another another another tyre thread...……..? The good news is that I will keep it simple. I have narrowed my choice down to the Michelin Power RS versus the Michelin Road 5. I ride mainly in the UK (so it's important that the tyres can get warm when the weather is luke-warm at best), never with a pillion and generally reasonably spirited riding along quieter, curvy B roads and A roads. But, I'm no Marquez or Rossi......….
Needless to say I don't like shedding out £250 for a new set of tyres but I will sacrifice a bit of longevity for better grip/performance. So, does anybody have any first hand experience of these 2 tyres ?
Thanks
Made about 6500 km with the PowerRS, and mounted Road 5 for the winter season.

PowerRS feedback: good whatever road condition, progressive, very good angle feeling, excellent grip, suprisingly good Under rain (tested riding in river during MVosges). One caution: use recommended pressure, otherwise, they are known to deplete faster (more details in the other thread: https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/56-su...ml#post2540403)

Road5: same type of profile, but grip is obviously different (likely less, but does not requires much heating to reach running temperature compare to PowerRS). Same recommendation on tyre pressure: run at recommended pressure. Waiting to give a proper feedback. Currently 1500 km, and nothing much to say.

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Looking forward for MVArdeche event in 2019
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, appreciated. I must admit I am tempted by the RS but I am a little concerned about the cold weather performance. I'm not the hardy sort of biker that happily scrapes 3 feet of snow off the bike before pulling a wheelie down the road but I do like to ride once the temperature gauge reaches (say) double figures (celsius). So, is this ok for the RS tyres or do they need continental temperatures to perform properly ? Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 02:38 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigH View Post
Thanks, appreciated. I must admit I am tempted by the RS but I am a little concerned about the cold weather performance. I'm not the hardy sort of biker that happily scrapes 3 feet of snow off the bike before pulling a wheelie down the road but I do like to ride once the temperature gauge reaches (say) double figures (celsius). So, is this ok for the RS tyres or do they need continental temperatures to perform properly ? Thanks again.
Unfortunately, can't really say: mounted the Power RS during MVosges 2018, end of May, and changed them mid October. The days with single digit températures came later on. And I mounted the Road 5 because of the signle digit temps...

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Looking forward for MVArdeche event in 2019
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Just as an update, I decided to go for the Road 5's. They felt very strange to start with and I had to play around a bit with the pressures (I settled on 36 front and 40 rear) but now I have done a couple of hundred miles, I'm impressed. They're probably not as quick steering as the Rosso III but they feel very solid very planted and very confidence inspiring. Or maybe it was just that the timing of the riding was good - we have had a few days of decent, dry weather in the UK and so that makes the handling feel so much better...……...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode