Upgrading F3 brakes, calipers choices - MVAgusta.net
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

Upgrading F3 brakes, calipers choices

I'm looking into upgrading the calipers on my 2012 F3 to either brembo gp4-rx or cnc P4 30/34 so I can run Z04 pads

According to brembo online brake configuration they only recommend the cnc P4 30/34.
Does anyone know the gp4-rx would fit?

The the difference is the cnc p4 30/34 are cheaper calipers but pads are more expensive, and the gp4-rx calipers are more expensive, look better and the pads are 25 a set cheaper.

Does anybody have any info regarding The difference between the two In terms of performance?

Look forward to your help.
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 07:07 AM
Established Member

John,

I was just looking for new brake lines for the wifes gsxr and came across this, not sure if it helps you any, but maybe worth a look.

https://www.helperformance.com/666-launch

Kev.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lang mae yer lums reek

2001 F4 750 1+1
2012 F3 675
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevjayney View Post
John,

I was just looking for new brake lines for the wifes gsxr and came across this, not sure if it helps you any, but maybe worth a look.

https://www.helperformance.com/666-launch

Kev.
Thanks kev

Just spoke to them and they do take the Z04 pads.

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 08:59 AM

Whats your budget and goal?

The calipers you mentioned both work with the stock master, but what's the point of using that with high quality trackday calipers? so add at least a brembo forged 19x18 or 20, or go with the a RCS, or better yet a nice billet unit, to match..

Why not go with the brembo M50 (panigale/Aprilia) calipers & a 17 rcs brembo? a nice upgrade and pretty cheap in comparison.

I run the brembo stylema calipers (off a panigale v4) brembo 17 rcs, and galfer rotors, and let me say this, there is more braking than I know what to do with, but amazing feel.

Have owned the CNC P4 calipers you are asking about with a billet 19x18 master, and the feel was amazing, and great stopping power.. just caliper looks a bit dated, but sill a top notch caliper, I think the M50 & stylema work at least on par if not better.
Attached Images

2015 MV Agusta F3 800
2012 Ducati Panigale 1199S
2011 Triumph 675R
2009 Yamaha Road Star Warrior
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgun View Post
Whats your budget and goal?

The calipers you mentioned both work with the stock master, but what's the point of using that with high quality trackday calipers? so add at least a brembo forged 19x18 or 20, or go with the a RCS, or better yet a nice billet unit, to match..

Why not go with the brembo M50 (panigale/Aprilia) calipers & a 17 rcs brembo? a nice upgrade and pretty cheap in comparison.

I run the brembo stylema calipers (off a panigale v4) brembo 17 rcs, and galfer rotors, and let me say this, there is more braking than I know what to do with, but amazing feel.

Have owned the CNC P4 calipers you are asking about with a billet 19x18 master, and the feel was amazing, and great stopping power.. just caliper looks a bit dated, but sill a top notch caliper, I think the M50 & stylema work at least on par if not better.
Thanks for your replay JDGUN

Goal is better braking in racing conditions.

I already run a brembo 19x18 MC with braded lines, I did look into the m50's but didnt want to replace the MC.

Just had a chat with the guys at hel and they offered a good deal. Just got to make a decision.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Anybody have any experience with the hel calipers?
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudman View Post
Anybody have any experience with the hel calipers?

I looked at them prior to me picking up the brembo stylema for a song & a dance $400.. only issue for me with them is, parts replacement, and who makes pads for them... in 5 years if I have a seal issue will there be replacement parts, is what I ask.

I would say you can go wrong with either of the billet brembo options, but they are noticeably pricier than the Hel option.

2015 MV Agusta F3 800
2011 Triumph 675R
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

Took the plunge gone for the hel calipers. Cost saving was too big to ignore, couple of people in my race paddock use and rate them.
The brake pads they use are EBC FA390 or brembo M488
So the pads aren't difficult to source, the seals are a std size so worse case scenario I could find some that fit.
PTsalas and jdgun like this.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Took the plunge gone for the hel calipers. Cost saving was too big to ignore, couple of people in my race paddock use and rate them.
So the pads aren't difficult to source, the seals are a std size so worse case scenario I could find some that fit.

Look forward to hearing your review on them, as they quite nice looking.
What brake master are you planning to use with them?
Any upgrades to the rotors?

2015 MV Agusta F3 800
2011 Triumph 675R
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgun View Post
Quote:

Look forward to hearing your review on them, as they quite nice looking.
What brake master are you planning to use with them?
Any upgrades to the rotors?
I very recently put a brembo 19x18 master on and run STD discs in wet, then have two sets of dry wheels one has TRW RAC-SP 5.5mm and the other is NG discs 5.0mm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in