New Tires on the 1090RR! - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelrb View Post
Yep, this is similar situation to what Maximum Velocity and I were discussing within the 'Why MV Agusta thread'.

This particular post might best have been placed in the 'What did you do to your bike today' thread. In sorts, it was a slight recommendation, and then some wise guy () jumped in and also recommended Super Corsas and off we went!! (Perhaps we're just relieving frustrations of the posting difficulties over the past fortnight.)
LOL it was a good recommendation!

2010 Brutale 1090RR
2009 Ducati 1198S
2008 KTM 250SX-F
SOLD 2005 KTM 525EXC now Thumper Racing 540cc
SOLD 2009 ZX10R
SOLD 2005 Ducati 999S
SOLD 2006 Hayabusa TURBO
SOLD 2005 GSXR 1000 (BEST BIKE EVER)
SOLD 2004 GSXR 750
SOLD 2003 GSXR 600 race bike
SOLD 2005 SV650
SOLD 2003 CBR954RR
SOLD 1996 CBR900RR
SOLD 1996 CBR900RR
The Following User Says Thank You to black954 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 08:01 PM

New Site Garage
I'm running S21s on my 1090R. Going from a few sets of Q3s I'll say they are a decent street tire, competent with little warmup and composed in the wet. A little squirrelly at the edge, but predictable. They wear okay, but I don't think I'll go for another set. Maybe the Q3+ or Q4.

Speed is relative, but fast is fast.

- 2011 brutale 1090R (Matte pearl white/Black)
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 10:33 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by airjawed View Post
I've ridden with pirelli diablo supercorsa sp v2's and they are a great tire for what you do if you can get heat in them. So, not so good in the cold or rain.

Have also ridden Metzler m7rr, diablo rosso corsa and dunlop q3.

Now I use Michelin Power RS and they are my new favorite street tire. New technology and work well with the F3 chassis. They work well in low temps and on the street they have not gotten greasy on me. I really don't have a negative for them and really don't care about wet weather grip. I was considering the Michelin Power Cup Evo for the summer but the Power RS looks like it is still in its temp range for my riding. I ride dry weather twisty and technical roads.

My two high recommended tires ar the supercorsa sp v2 and the michelin power rs
+1 for the Michelin Power RS

2005 Tamburini #254
2004 Aprilia RSV1000R Factory
Ducati Frankenduc 999/1198 race bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 10:43 PM

New Site Garage
I decided to give the Michelin Power Cup Evo a try since I have a track day scheduled. For the F3 it is better than the Pirelli Supercorsa SP V2. In the way the Power RS stabilized the bike on the straights it also gave great confidence in the leans. It is stickier for sure. If you are not going to exceed the temperature range of the Power RS then by all means use them. But, if you increase the pace or ride in very hot conditions the Power Cup Evo is my gold standard!! Michelin has gotten these tires right.

This is for dry conditions and twisty canyon or track riding of course. I do not care about wet weather performance so please keep that in mind. For me the Michelin Power RS is the cold/cooler weather tire of choice, and the Power Cup Evo for when things heat up!!

On the street I use 33F/35R psi measured cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad951 View Post

2014 MV Agusta F3 800 ABS
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 07:01 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by airjawed View Post
I decided to give the Michelin Power Cup Evo a try since I have a track day scheduled. For the F3 it is better than the Pirelli Supercorsa SP V2. In the way the Power RS stabilized the bike on the straights it also gave great confidence in the leans. It is stickier for sure. If you are not going to exceed the temperature range of the Power RS then by all means use them. But, if you increase the pace or ride in very hot conditions the Power Cup Evo is my gold standard!! Michelin has gotten these tires right.

This is for dry conditions and twisty canyon or track riding of course. I do not care about wet weather performance so please keep that in mind. For me the Michelin Power RS is the cold/cooler weather tire of choice, and the Power Cup Evo for when things heat up!!

On the street I use 33F/35R psi measured cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad951 View Post
Agreed, the power cup evo is a superior tire but it will not have the longevity of the RS. I absolutely cooked a set of RSs at Barber last month, in the Alabama heat, and quickly found their limitation. However, I don't think that limitation would have been noticed or even reached on the street. Well, I hope you aren't riding like that on the street. That being said, I wish I would have had the cup evos because the RSs were sliding quite a bit on the second day, even using professional grade tire warmers. I usually run Michelin slicks on my own track bike but at $260 shipped for a set of RSs, I couldn't pass up the deal. Plus, I put them on a bike that wasn't mine and was something that I wasn't going to push to the limit. The RSs kept me honest. 😉 I can't imagine the RSs not working just stellar for just about any dry road condition for the average street rider.
airjawed likes this.

2005 Tamburini #254
2004 Aprilia RSV1000R Factory
Ducati Frankenduc 999/1198 race bike
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 08:23 PM

New Site Garage
Shit! Now I'm not sure if I should stick with the Diablo Rosso III or try the Michelin Power RS.

Wrong thread to click on when I need to get new tires quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
See how informative another tire thread is!
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

personally, I have never like the feeling of Michelins. They have tremendous grip, and then let go. With the Pirelli's, I feel like I can get better feedback and I know when I'm loosing grip. Some people call them Sliperelli's because of this, but personally, I like feeling when the tires are getting close to letting go.

2010 Brutale 1090RR
2009 Ducati 1198S
2008 KTM 250SX-F
SOLD 2005 KTM 525EXC now Thumper Racing 540cc
SOLD 2009 ZX10R
SOLD 2005 Ducati 999S
SOLD 2006 Hayabusa TURBO
SOLD 2005 GSXR 1000 (BEST BIKE EVER)
SOLD 2004 GSXR 750
SOLD 2003 GSXR 600 race bike
SOLD 2005 SV650
SOLD 2003 CBR954RR
SOLD 1996 CBR900RR
SOLD 1996 CBR900RR
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 11:48 AM

Yes I like the Michelin tyres.
I have the pilot road 4's on my Faser ZF 600 Yamaha work bike and the pilot road 2 bi- compound technology on my new Rivale. They had a Dickens of a time getting the original Pirelli Diablo tyre off the Rivale. Supposedly broke two spanners. :-)
Still braking in the tyres of both bikes :-(
The previous original on the bike Pirelli Diablo's (2014) were all worn on the sides from alot of track racing.
Most of the dealers here seem to stock alot of the pilot road 2 dual-compound Michelin to keep supply for the weekend road warriors and track demons. $100 cheaper than the road 4's.
(The mix of compounds gives softer edges of the tyres and allow for optimal grip on damp surfaces and extremely fast warm-up times.)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode