OHLINS TXX 46 VS Nitron best shock - MVAgusta.net
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-2018, 03:31 AM Thread Starter

OHLINS TXX 46 VS Nitron best shock

Actually its a trick question Nitrons best shock is the same tech as Ohlins TXX 46. The Ohlins TXX46 has been around for a long time. Tou couldn't buy one without Racers License. NITRON have been OHLINS mortal enemy in F1 For 20 years. 5-6 years ago NITRON got into the Motorcycle market. Since then they have expanded there model (fitment) line and started selling Fork Catridges. (also use Titanium springs) Nitrons best is as good as OHLINS best . Question is how much does OHLINS TXX46 cost? Nitron has grown leaps and bounds due to quality , performance Low cost. The best Nitron sells for 1100$ AND you will Notice the improved handling first time you ride.

PS FYI... improving your forks, upgrading by installing fork cartriges will improve your bike moreso than upgraded rear shock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 01:44 PM

Newly released
https://www.nitron.co.uk/buy-online/...cartridge-kit-

@GDS968
https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/13-br...uspenders.html

E d w a r d B4910s08

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Forum Introduction Thread)
2. Include your LOCATION in your profile: Tools > User CP > Your Profile > Edit Your details > Additional Information > Location
3. Include your BIKE MODEL/S in your signature: Tools > User CP > Settings & Options > Edit Signature
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Special thanks to forum member Donsy
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 03:00 PM

I used the Nitron for 3 and a half seasons racing and 2 and a half year prior road riding /trackdaying

Used the R3 for 4 years and the R3 pro for 1 and half years.

I changed from the R3 to the R3 pro due to over heating the shock during races.

I found that on the whole it's a great shock, the only limitation I found in the shock was that the rebound clicks were too far apart and couldn't settle on a good rebound setting

but this small fault did take me almost 6 years track riding and rider improvement to find, so overall a great shock.

But a better shock than a ohlins TTX? I don't know, I haven't got any experience to compare the two.

But I would THINK the ohlins would give a more consistent performance.
Nito likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 04:05 PM
Established Member

Check out the Maxton GP10 shock, it's the bollox!! I have their road shock, the RT10, on my B4 and it transformed the ride and handling, although that isn't difficult with the OE Sachs unit! Maxton have bike racing in their blood and have a very impressive user portfolio of well known racers.

INTERNAL COMBUSTION RECREATION FOREVER
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 05:13 AM
Established Member

I have been eyeing up the full Nitron setup for my Diavel because the standard suspension is absolutely awful!

R3Pro rear and the 25mm TVT Pro cartridges for the front. Ohlins offer a similar package but entire fork replacement and 3 times the cost which is hard to justify and I hate the gaudy gold colouring of the ohlins, for the diavel they offer a black body fork, but with gold tubes which will look odd on my stealthy coloured beast.

I'm holding fire because I can't find much feedback at the moment. I have Ohlins on my Tuono and they are superb, a part of me says to go with the tried and tested solution, yet on paper Nitron offer a lot, including high speed compression valve damping (albeit not easily adjustable per se) and the forks are the same diameter internals as the Ohlins. I've heard some not very good feedback from users in the past and others have been very happy. With Ohlins you only tend to hear good stuff.

Cheers
Nito
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nito View Post
I have been eyeing up the full Nitron setup for my Diavel because the standard suspension is absolutely awful!

R3Pro rear and the 25mm TVT Pro cartridges for the front. Ohlins offer a similar package but entire fork replacement and 3 times the cost which is hard to justify and I hate the gaudy gold colouring of the ohlins, for the diavel they offer a black body fork, but with gold tubes which will look odd on my stealthy coloured beast.

I'm holding fire because I can't find much feedback at the moment. I have Ohlins on my Tuono and they are superb, a part of me says to go with the tried and tested solution, yet on paper Nitron offer a lot, including high speed compression valve damping (albeit not easily adjustable per se) and the forks are the same diameter internals as the Ohlins. I've heard some not very good feedback from users in the past and others have been very happy. With Ohlins you only tend to hear good stuff.

Cheers
Nito
Considered mupo? UK importer very helpful and doing very good deals. Pm me if you want his mobile
Nito likes this.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 06:58 AM
Established Member

I saw them on mentioned on Pistonheads yesterday and never heard of them before. Looks lovely all use of Ergal etc. They don't seem to list the Diavel yet though they have all other Ducati's pretty much despite the Diavel market being huge due to it needing it so badly, the amount of owners bitching about the suspension!

I looked at the Mupo site, main thing that struck me vs Nitron is for the same money, they don't have the same adjustability, ie, high speed compression, everything else looks good.

Cheers
Nito
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
I saw them on mentioned on Pistonheads yesterday and never heard of them before. Looks lovely all use of Ergal etc. They don't seem to list the Diavel yet though they have all other Ducati's pretty much despite the Diavel market being huge due to it needing it so badly, the amount of owners bitching about the suspension!

I looked at the Mupo site, main thing that struck me vs Nitron is for the same money, they don't have the same adjustability, ie, high speed compression, everything else looks good.

Cheers
Nito
Pm sent
Nito likes this.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 09:16 AM
Established Member

I think while Ohlins might not be as adjustable as some of the competitors out there, where they win is in the aftersales support. If you have ohlins you can get support just about anywhere on earth. Not so with the other brands.

Sadly I have to stick to Ohlins...the other brands have next to no support here on the edge of the earth. I know of the Mupo stuff, as a friend had them on his S1000RR. Very nice but again no support.

'12 F4RR CorsaCorta, '12 F3 675
'18 Ducati Xdiavel
'15 Triumph Daytona 675R -
new toy

Previous-Sold...That I remember
'05 Yamaha R1
'09 Yamaha R1
'12 BMW S1000RR
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:

Cheers
Nito

To early for me to comment on the Nitron on my bike, I managed to get out today for a short ride and compared to stock its miles better, I can actually feel the rear damping properly now!! The whole bike infact feels lighter and turn in is enhanced but i need to put more miles on it before giving some proper feedback.

As far as how it compares to Ohlins, well I have had full ohlins on BMW's, Aprilia's and Ducati's and the Nitron kit is just as good from a build point of view that's for sure. The key with any of these makes/kits is getting them set up correctly for you and your bike. What i liked about Nitron and the likes of Maxton is that you can speak to the guy that's going to build the shock and tell them how you want it built ie for road or race etc and they will advise from there and then build what you want.

Longevity, who knows at this stage but after speaking with the guys in the factory face to face they are keen to point out that if i had any issues to call them up and discuss etc. Servicing wise I can use my local guy down the road as he is Nitron approved or i can mail direct to Nitron and they will service when the time comes. Cost wise they are cheaper than Ohlins for sure but who isnt!! I considered Maxton as well as Nitron and probably would have gone with them had i not been offered a fantastic deal from Nitron as they wanted to develop a fork kit for the 910/1078 bikes!!

Hope that helps...a bit
Nito likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode