post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 04:24 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudman View Post
Pm sent
Thanks for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDS968 View Post
To early for me to comment on the Nitron on my bike, I managed to get out today for a short ride and compared to stock its miles better, I can actually feel the rear damping properly now!! The whole bike infact feels lighter and turn in is enhanced but i need to put more miles on it before giving some proper feedback.

As far as how it compares to Ohlins, well I have had full ohlins on BMW's, Aprilia's and Ducati's and the Nitron kit is just as good from a build point of view that's for sure. The key with any of these makes/kits is getting them set up correctly for you and your bike. What i liked about Nitron and the likes of Maxton is that you can speak to the guy that's going to build the shock and tell them how you want it built ie for road or race etc and they will advise from there and then build what you want.

Longevity, who knows at this stage but after speaking with the guys in the factory face to face they are keen to point out that if i had any issues to call them up and discuss etc. Servicing wise I can use my local guy down the road as he is Nitron approved or i can mail direct to Nitron and they will service when the time comes. Cost wise they are cheaper than Ohlins for sure but who isnt!! I considered Maxton as well as Nitron and probably would have gone with them had i not been offered a fantastic deal from Nitron as they wanted to develop a fork kit for the 910/1078 bikes!!

Hope that helps...a bit
Thanks for all that feedback, itís good to hear and quite encouraging, I was starting to falter a little since it is a big outlay but the Diavel is such a fantastic bike in spite of dreadful suspension and it has so much potential to be even better. Mine is quite stealthy looking and I donít want any gaudy Ohlins gold. The Nitron fits the bill perfectly and looks quite reserved, almost stock (especially with black instead of blue spring) and the front forks will look stock apart from the fork tops which again are quite conservative. Iíll be looking to tool up and install myself.

Thanks again for taking the time to write that,
Kind regards
Nito
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode