F3 Ohlins Cartridge install tools for DIY? - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By Wildfire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

F3 Ohlins Cartridge install tools for DIY?

Decided im going to do the cartridge install myself. Ive seen a few youtube videos on other bikes and they don't look to have any expensive tools for the job on them. Im sure you can spend a ton on fancy tools but there are cheaper tools available im sure.

Can someone please list the tools that they used to actually do this job? Im going with the fkr100 pressurized kit for it and already have a full race car shop of tools but no suspension related equipment. obviously I have a vice and stands to hold things, just need the actual tool list.

thanks

have the nitron race pro on order for the rear and that will be an easy swap im sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-30-2017, 10:46 AM

I fitted my Ohlins fork internals. It was fairly easy. The main thing you''ll need is the Ohlins fork cap tool to screw the caps in and a spring comressor tools. The rest is pretty easy, 14 or 15mm spanners if I recall correctly. If you don't mind spending then a compressor kit is about 30 or so in the UK. We just made up a little steel stop that hooks in place when fitting the spring. Something like this http://www.reactivesuspension.com/pr...category_id=10

My dad made an air gap tool to set the oil level and I went with this.

Some say you need Ohlins fork seals, but I don't think this is necessary. You should use Ohlins fork oil though.

Took me aboout 3 hours once I worked out what I was doing. However my kit cams straight out of another set of forks, from my friend's race bike which caused a few issues as I needed to take the springs out of the kit to pump them up.

Rear shock is very, very easy especially if you have an Abba stand.
GCBC and GCBC like this.

Last edited by Wildfire; 12-30-2017 at 10:53 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode