Tire Time - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Tire Time

Needing new tires for the Brutale 1090RR. Has anyone tried the Michelin RS Tires
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 10:28 AM

I just fitted the Conti Road Attack tires so far they feel good pretty sticky and warm up fast. no sliding
I use the bike on the street
my bike 2013 Brutale RR 1090

2013 Brutale 1090 RR ABS
Philly PA USA
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 06:26 PM
cus

[QUOTE=BF519;2365370]Needing new tires for the Brutale 1090RR. Has anyone tried the Michelin RS Tires
Thanks[/QUOTE
Got an RS on the back of my brutale and itís great, good in wet weather too. Gets cold here in the great nation of Tasmania and have found the RS to be good in all conditions and will be putting them on all my road bikes as tyre time rolls around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

[quote=cus;2371249]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BF519 View Post
Needing new tires for the Brutale 1090RR. Has anyone tried the Michelin RS Tires
Thanks[/QUOTE
Got an RS on the back of my brutale and itís great, good in wet weather too. Gets cold here in the great nation of Tasmania and have found the RS to be good in all conditions and will be putting them on all my road bikes as tyre time rolls around
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cus View Post
Guy I know has them on his cbr honda blade thing, loves them and as per your comment rates them for wet use as well. Might give them a go myself when I wear my Road4s out.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-19-2017, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Tires on along with a hub inspection/service. Quick ride on the bike. Tires look good and the ride was nice and smooth. Not sure when I will be able to go on a long ride with turns. Will report when I do. Thanks for the information.
Bubba
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-19-2017, 02:31 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BF519 View Post
Thanks
I got the Pilot power RS on my F4 and it is by far the best tyre I ever had. Don't expect much mileage though.

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 11:53 PM

New Site Garage
I have Power RS on my F3 800. I'm very impressed with them. I went with them because I normally use Pirelli Supercorsa SP V2's but as the weather gets cold those are not in the temps they are meant for. So after some research I went with Michelin Power RS. The coldest I've used them was about 45-50 degrees F. They were sticky even at those temps. I do weekend canyon style riding. Very stable in the straights. Never any weird or scary behavior in the turns. They tend to need a slightly more deliberate change of line but easily adjusted to it. The one thing that was a surprise benefit was that bike doesn't seem to have as much head shake! I do not use a steering damper. Now I don't think I even need one. Could be that I'm very light and loose on the clip ons with practice but still the Power RS is very well suited for the bike!

I don't notice anything alarming in terms of wear. I do use the Michelin recommendation of 31.8 psi front and 34.9 psi rear. This is higher than MV recommendation for the rear. I believe Michelin does not want lower than 29 psi for the rear.

Have not used in wet and with the weather being as cold as it is I don't plan on it. Should do very well considering its a high silica center compound.

My plan though for when it gets warmer is to try the Micheline Power Cup EVO. If they behave like this tire but are meant for more heat then I'll finally have the tire lineup for the entire year. I've tried RossoCorsa, Dunlop Q3+ and Metzeler M7RR.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode