F3 Rear Brake Master Cylinder/Brake Pump - 800089313 - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By esq'z me

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
F3 Rear Brake Master Cylinder/Brake Pump - 800089313

Hi Brains trust

Can anybody advise if there is a upgraded rear brake master cylinder available for an F3? or alternative a master cylinder rebuild kit?

After multiply attempts to bleed the rear brake (non-abs) I'm still unable to get a satisfactory result so I think it could be an issue with the rear master cylinder

Chris
Tasty F3

4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 F3 675
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 11:22 PM
Established Member

You probably know all this but,
It's a Nissin master cylinder so parts should be available, identifying the thing and what other bikes it fits is the hard part. Probably common on a lot of Ducati's as well as most of the more recent MV's
If your willing to have the bike laid up for awhile I would pull it apart and measure the bore to confirm the size them go searching. I think it's 1/2" as that's on the casting.

You could also try ringing the Parramatta store they are pretty helpful MV Agusta Parramatta

There was a "upgrade" for the earlier F3's which consisted of a heat shield for the MC and a longer hose and longer bracket to relocate the reservoir from behind the frame spar if you put 800089313
into the search box at Startwin you can see the parts in some of the assembly drawings, quicker to fabricate yourself and get a longer hose from the auto parts shops like supercheap.

As a last resort you could source a Brembo 13mm which looks very close https://www.ebay.com.au/p/KTM-Aprili...let/1417813487

2014 F3 800 Silver/Red
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Zanetti View Post
You probably know all this but,
It's a Nissin master cylinder so parts should be available, identifying the thing and what other bikes it fits is the hard part. Probably common on a lot of Ducati's as well as most of the more recent MV's
If your willing to have the bike laid up for awhile I would pull it apart and measure the bore to confirm the size them go searching. I think it's 1/2" as that's on the casting.

You could also try ringing the Parramatta store they are pretty helpful MV Agusta Parramatta

There was a "upgrade" for the earlier F3's which consisted of a heat shield for the MC and a longer hose and longer bracket to relocate the reservoir from behind the frame spar if you put 800089313
into the search box at Startwin you can see the parts in some of the assembly drawings, quicker to fabricate yourself and get a longer hose from the auto parts shops like supercheap.

As a last resort you could source a Brembo 13mm which looks very close https://www.ebay.com.au/p/KTM-Aprili...let/1417813487
Thanks Baba,

I've have done a fair amount of research and will be pulling out the verniers tonight, I'm think of going to a Brembo PS13 (cheaper then OEM) just want to confirm all the dimensions first

https://www.*********.com/product_di...k-wo-push-rod/
https://www.*********.com/images/cms...0%20brembo.pdf

I have moved the reservoir outside the frame and fitted the F4 heat shield as per the below

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/56-sus...-pictures.html

I was just curious to see if anyone else had made any modification in the past

Chris
Tasty F3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 F3 675
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 01:46 PM

Subscribed. My F3s rear brake is non existent and I've also done the relocation kit.

Will be checking out the new master cylinder kit.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 05:25 PM

New Site Garage
There's also a new service bulletin on how MV wants the rear brake bleeding done. It's in one of the many break threads. Won't make a difference though so the break fluid is heating up by pump being right on the engine block...

Last edited by Angelo-MV; 09-17-2017 at 05:48 PM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo-MV View Post
There's also a new service bulletin on how MV wants the rear brake bleeding done. It's in one of the many break threads. Won't make a difference though so the break fluid is heating up by pump being right on the engine block...
Angelo-MV my f3 is a non-abs model so bulletin doesn't really apply, although I did get a little from it in regard to the be angle to have the caliper on

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTsalas View Post
Subscribed. My F3s rear brake is non existent and I've also done the relocation kit.

Will be checking out the new master cylinder kit.
PTsalas the Brembo mounting points are 40mm centers whereas the Nissin mounting points are 50mm I haven't been able to find any information on a Nissin rebuild kit at this time

I have ordered a replacement Nissin M/C from Startwin, once fitted I'll strip the "faulty" M/C and do some measurements as I'm pretty sure there will be a rebuild kit out there but without knowing the piston dimensions I can't confirm

Chris
Tasty F3

2012 F3 675
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 09:41 AM

New Site Garage
@TastyF3
Did the heat shield modification make a difference? I am about to do the same on my bike.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo-MV View Post
@TastyF3
Did the heat shield modification make a difference? I am about to do the same on my bike.
At this stage no as I'm pretty sure my master cylinder is cooked!

Chris
Tasty F3

2012 F3 675
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2018, 06:30 PM

New Site Garage
Hello F3 family! I'm having an issue with vapor lock or something with the rear brake. I changed my rear caliper twice, master cylinder, and bleed the fluid 100x. I finally bleed the brakes with the caliper off and got rid of a ton of air bubbles but still no luck. I can ride the bike for about 15mins and i can feel my rear brake engaging slowly. Then it finally totally locks my rear wheel. The pedal is pressed all the down. When I open the bleeder valve the brakes release the wheel and I can move again. I noticed today that my rear brake pedal has NO free play and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to adjust it??????? The push rod is out to far. FYI 2013 F3 675 w/ 7500 miles.

A wise man once said, "If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything".
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 07:01 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne25 View Post
Hello F3 family! I'm having an issue with vapor lock or something with the rear brake. I changed my rear caliper twice, master cylinder, and bleed the fluid 100x. I finally bleed the brakes with the caliper off and got rid of a ton of air bubbles but still no luck. I can ride the bike for about 15mins and i can feel my rear brake engaging slowly. Then it finally totally locks my rear wheel. The pedal is pressed all the down. When I open the bleeder valve the brakes release the wheel and I can move again. I noticed today that my rear brake pedal has NO free play and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to adjust it??????? The push rod is out to far. FYI 2013 F3 675 w/ 7500 miles.
@TheOne25 ... you really should start a new thread.

Your problem is caused by one thing and one thing only. Your brake pedal is not adjusted or installed properly and has the master cylinder piston ever so slightly depressed when at rest.

Where do you live in Georgia??? Trailer it by my house and I'll fix it for you.
theknurl and theknurl like this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode