Suspension Settings for regular TVeloce - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Suspension Settings for regular TVeloce

Hi
I am 5.10 and 240 pounds (1.82 110 kg in metric) and I find that the factory setting for the suspension is quite soft. The problem is that I live in the South Florida flats, therefore it is not easy to test the suspension and you can ride almost without any, only in a few occasions (entering the highway or a at roundabout) you can actually fell how firm or not the bike is.
Anyhow about my size has played with the settings and can share with me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 07:32 PM
Established Member

Can you post what your settings are currently for a baseline? or have you confirmed that they are at factory "comfort" settings?

front pre-load
front compression
front rebound
rear pre-load
rear compression
rear rebound

In general terms, you would need to increase spring pre-load both front and rear first for your weight from factory "comfort" settings. Then test and if not suitable start increasing both compression and rebound in the front and rear. I'm not sure if the owners manual suggests what weight their factory settings are for other than "comfort"?

All adjustments should be done gradually (small increments) and then tested. Find an isolated section of road where you notice the deficiency so that you can make changes and ride that same section to determine the impact of your adjustment and get it dialed in for how you ride and your ride environment.

If all this sounds like too much work then I'd suggest changing your settings to those referenced below for "sport" riding and start with the rear preload at 15 to 18 clicks. That should get you in the ball park pretty quickly.

At least in FL you get to ride all year.. We have about 7 or 8 months at most here in MN.

Last edited by Fastspy; 06-13-2017 at 07:34 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 08:09 PM

At 240 lbs you may need to swap in different springs. I think they are optimized for around 160 lb rider. Once you get too far in either direction you'll have a tough time getting it perfect.

Outside of that, I'm 185lbs, run the rear preload at about 50% of the way through the travel. Had a suspension guy tweak the front and he actually removed some preload from the factor settings to get the sag right (I also was running way less rear preload).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

'16 MV TV | '16 BMW R1200GSw

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode