MV Brutale 1090 RR 2011 & 2013 rear shock fitment - MVAgusta.net
 3Likes
  • 4 Post By revhead1957
  • 2 Post By kingfusk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 03:42 AM Thread Starter

MV Brutale 1090 RR 2011 & 2013 rear shock fitment

Hey guys,
Looking to upgrade the Sachs OE shock on my bike. A few options as discussed in the past - Mupo, Wilbers, Ohlins, although as I've discovered, Nitron, Elka, YSS and Penske don't offer anything for the 1090 RR.

I was interested in getting a Wilbers 642 (three way adjustable, high and low speed compression, rebound), but they only list for MY 2013 onwards. I contacted them and they said it only fits 2013 on, but not with any specifics.

As I understand it, the 1090RR has been more or less the same since 2010, as discussed on the forum and other sources online. The MV Press Release doesn't see any mention of a difference to the rear shock at all.

Anyone with more in depth info or advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 06:45 PM

New Site Garage
Swing-arms from 2010 on wards are all the same as far as I can remember, so I see no reason why they wouldn't cross install.
And if any of those companies make a shock for the F4>10, then this would work on the B4 as well.
Send Design Corse (Forum Sopnsor) and email and ask the question, I got my Nitron through them and it's a great shock.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

Hey Dons,
Thanks for the advice!

Yeah from what I read they all seem to be the same, across the F4 and Brutale from 2010 onwards. I actually emailed Nitron since they offered a shock for the 2010+ F4 but they said it wouldn't fit.

Problem solved though, as I'm going with a Bitubo XXF11 from a local retailer. Will post a short review when I get it installed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 09:12 PM

New Site Garage
Yeah ok, I recon the problem comes in with shock length, and maybe not so much the location.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 09:53 PM

I would think that nitron was answering the question of F4 and Brutale shock compatibility (reservoir position is different). I can't see anything different between years that would stop one using any 2010+ brutale from using the same shock.

I am interested in this thread, as my std shock is now tired. The spherical joint at the top is well worn and it appears there has been oil leaking as well.
A rebuild of it is probably not cost effective, even though it has done the job for my riding style and weight.
Donsy, Donsy, kingfusk and 1 others like this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 07:55 PM

New Site Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhead1957 View Post
I would think that nitron was answering the question of F4 and Brutale shock compatibility (reservoir position is different). I can't see anything different between years that would stop one using any 2010+ brutale from using the same shock.
Yup, I agree, same swingarm.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 06:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhead1957 View Post

I am interested in this thread, as my std shock is now tired. The spherical joint at the top is well worn and it appears there has been oil leaking as well.
A rebuild of it is probably not cost effective, even though it has done the job for my riding style and weight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Yup, I agree, same swingarm.
Yep, I did consider servicing the Sachs OE shock, but I also did read that it's a bit finicky when it comes to tuning as the window of usable settings is rather narrow, and the high/low comp clickers on mine are catching on each other, likely from dirt.

It'll be a month or two before I get the bitubo in, will post the impressions here when I can.
Donsy and Donsy like this.

Tags
1090rr, 2011, 2013, brutale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode