Rear brake adjustment on TV - MVAgusta.net
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Rear brake adjustment on TV

I've read several comments from fellow TV owners complaining about the rear brake lever being too low and not providing enough pressure. Someone even mentioned re-indexing the brake lever even though the lever isn't indexed to a shaft. Anyway, I noticed the low setting on mine as well. It's a very simple case of detaching and removing the clevis pivot pin from the lever assembly. Before doing so, loosen the 10 mm lock nut on the pushrod/clevis. It's a little tight working between exhaust and brake master cylinder heat shields.....Slide the clevis away from the lever and turn it counterclockwise to lengthen pushrod. As the length increases, the foot pedal height will rise. A minor increase in height dramatically increases leverage and the amount of hydraulic pressure generated when the lever is actuated. Test the height by reattaching the clevis to the brake lever. Once you obtain the height you like, reattach the clevis to the lever and reinsert the pin. Be sure to snap the pin retainer back in place around the pushrod and tighten the lock nut. This simple adjustment made a HUGE difference in lever feel on my bike. I thought I'd pass it on.
Donsy, Donsy, NippyNelmo and 1 others like this.

F3 675 RC
Dragster RR
Rivale 800
Turismo Veloce Lusso
Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
Aprilia RS125
Triumph Bobber

F41000R Senna (sold)
F4 1000S (sold)

Last edited by Donsy; 01-11-2017 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Adding model to heading.
The Following User Says Thank You to exduc For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 12:21 AM

New Site Garage
Thanks for this tutorial!!
Have you any Pics to show how....
I would appreciate that...

Gero
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 04:29 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turismo Veloce 2016
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Brake adj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gero HH View Post
Thanks for this tutorial!!
Have you any Pics to show how....
I would appreciate that...
Sorry Gero but I didn't take photos. I simply made the adjustment and thought I'd post that it's possible to change the pedal height. Take a look at your bike. I think you'll see it's a straightforward task.

F3 675 RC
Dragster RR
Rivale 800
Turismo Veloce Lusso
Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
Aprilia RS125
Triumph Bobber

F41000R Senna (sold)
F4 1000S (sold)
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 10:41 AM

New Site Garage
Sweet. I am doing this to mine. It is too low for me as well.

Terry_________________________________________
Tecumseh Minibike, SL 70, KE 100, XR250L, KLR650, ST800, XR650L, 525EXC, 450EXC, GS1200R, 2016 TVL 800
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 02:19 AM

New Site Garage
I did this when I first got my TV as I didn't like the angle. However I find this brake to be pretty useless. I would like to hear from other TV owners on how effective their back brake is. I can stand on the lever and will get very little in response, only worried I will snap it as it is fairly light. I have brought it up with the dealer and he agrees it doesn't feel right. Is it my bike or are they all like this?
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 03:22 AM
Established Member

Mine is the same. In at the dealers for some work so I am getting him to bleed it and adjust the position of the lever, bit to low. I am not to fussed on a powerful back brake as I only use it for slow traffic and coming up to junctions etc. I find the front brake a little to snappy for slow speed work.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 02:00 PM

New Site Garage
I actually don't know anything about the rear brake of my TV. At this stage, and while have changed the settings twice, I still find it too low. For the usability, it's my main problem. After, I guess it depends what bike you had before...

I'm seriously considering to install a set of levers with a wider range of settings such as this one :
"PRO" Rider control kit MV Agusta Turismo Veloce - CNC Racing
They can be completed by foldable end part with and eccentric allowing them to be set
Folding rear brake lever peg Sport - eccentric - CNC Racing
Folding gearshift lever peg Street - eccentric - CNC Racing

At this stage, that is the only option I found. Does anyone know another one?

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MarcSilverTriple; 04-27-2017 at 07:08 AM.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 06:44 PM

New Site Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwinrider View Post
I did this when I first got my TV as I didn't like the angle. However I find this brake to be pretty useless. I would like to hear from other TV owners on how effective their back brake is. I can stand on the lever and will get very little in response, only worried I will snap it as it is fairly light. I have brought it up with the dealer and he agrees it doesn't feel right. Is it my bike or are they all like this?
This is not just a TV related issue, although more recently some 3-cylinder models had had master cylinders fail in their bikes, for the most part it's bad brake fluid and bad bleeding practice.
The reader brake caliper hangs upside down and for effective bleeding has to be removed from it's position for proper bleeding.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 07:05 AM

New Site Garage
That's worth noting Donsy, I'll bring it up with the dealer, as it does feel spongy. I wonder, are the brakes done at pre- Delivery or are the bikes shipped with brake fluid, as some other aspects of my pre- delivery were pretty average, like handlebar clamp Allen bolts churned out through an over exuberant rattle gun.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode