ISR , Brembo , beringerBraking brand, brakes - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

ISR , Brembo , beringerBraking brand, brakes

I have 12 Superbikes In my collection . I have different brand suspensions on many of the bikes to see which is best . In Brakes ISR brand is the best brake for the Buck.
Brembo has 3 category of brakes , there production line which is what comes standard on Ducatis ect then there is sportbike upgrade line for Sportbike trackdays , riding hard on twisties street riding ect. Then there is there Racing line. The racing line is there best, made for professional/amateur racing .
I have brembo 3500$ racing caliper on my 2010 Aprilia RSV4.
ISR brakes are on par with brembo racing line premium calipers at a cost of 1100 a pair.
Phenominal feel, lightweight as made from one piece of billet aluminum and exceptional power and look great.
The pads are individual , 1 per cylinder . 4 piston calipers have 4 pads , 6 piston has 6 pads.
Beringer brakes have great feel also, equal to any top tier brand .Much of the great feel is due to the fact the Beringer master cylinder quality. But as for power even the 6 piston calipers are a bit weak.
BRAKING brand makes IMHO the BEST front master cylinder on the market ..period (and only 265$. Brakings Cam type front master cylinders are as good as ISR space age looking master cylinder but without the square levers ( some like square levers but I'm traditional and still like the round lever ) Brembo again GREAT quality but to (almost) match the BRAKING master your looking at 750$ price tag. Beringer front master cylinder.. close.. second to BRAKING master cylinder cost 400$ (but they look the best )

FAST riders... if you want good feel stabilizing bike under hard braking , Racing line Brembo rear caliper OR ISR 2 piston rear caliper AND in any case a floating rear caliper Brake tech OR ALTO brand .
Hope this helped in your selections .

FYI... if you decide to go with racing line Brembo Calipers be prepared for paying 300$ for a set of front brake pads. Just had to replace front brake pads on my Aprilia RSV4. I still have tears in my eyes lol

Last edited by [email protected]; 10-28-2016 at 08:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 04:07 PM

One thing you did not mention is the type of disc. There are stainless, iron and carbon ceramic for most street bikes. I have iron rotors with Ferodo pads, Beringer master cylinder and Brembo calipers and this set up has a strong linear feel. Cannot afford $3500 calipers and don't really need them for my style of riding. I have had Beringer master cylinders on 2 different bikes and they are top shelf stuff.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Number 2 you are correct . Beringer master cylinders have GREAT feel definatly top tier component at good price . There calipers just lack power of a comparable Brembo,or ISR.
Have you tried ceramic carbon pads? ..Almost.. as good as proper race pads (which the metal in the pad wears your rotors) yet they do not score or wear your rotors . The 3500$ brembo race calipers are NOT worth the money IMHO . ISR calipers on same level (and that's not my opinion that's from a pro road racer friend of mine . I don't give MY opinion on Brakes and suspension. I am not a good enough rider to do so, cant ride fast enough to push components to limit .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

I can give opinion on Master cylinder feel and BRAKING Cam Type masters are best feel AND only 265$ new.
They look good but not as good as Beringer . Beringer masters are best looking master cylinders on the market IMHO.

BTW have you had a bike with production brembo calipers and they had very little power/feel?
My 2008 BMW K1200S HP (only made 700 HP K1200S models) no big deal really, just has same power as k1300
and the k1300S electronic suspension .
ANYHOW ...My K1200S didn't stop very well and brakes had semi dead feel. Changed over to ISR 6 piston calipers(1100$ pair) and brembo RCS 19 master cylinders. 300% improvement now 2 finger braking even on track day. Not knocking brembos as a brand its just that production brembos are NOT in the same class as there aftermarket line .

Last edited by [email protected]; 10-29-2016 at 09:34 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 11:31 PM

Jake,
Just for my own interest, and I'm not a racer at all, but why do I read so many articles where riders on the track dislike any engine braking? Is this because this upsets the bike stability when setting up for a corner?
Is it smoother to not have any engine braking at a all?
Just interested....
Cheers
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 04:59 AM Thread Starter

Hi Agusta riders don't like Excessive engine braking where it makes rear wheel hop/break traction.
That's why riders have slipper clutch installed. I install slipper clutches on all my bikes , even my BMW K1200S HP. Which is a real sleeper, the BMW k1200S HP and K1300S is faster than the Japanese Superbikes except Kawasaki ZX10R.(Strait line speed great.. odd front end lacks feel and has shaft drive.Not a trackday bike)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode