F3 800 Base track suspension setup - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
F3 800 Base track suspension setup

Guys, anyone kept the standard stuff in and used their F3 800's on track?

I am quite familiar with suspension but rather than trial and error would like to hear from anyone that has been in the same boat and found a particular setting worked well

The bike will after xmas be having a professional revalve/spring setup for rider weight and style

Its more the comp, rebound and preload front and same rear with track sag

Thanks

Motocrosser from 1993-1999 & 2009-2014

Now just a keyboard warrior & road rider supporting my son in his racing

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me, current road and track racing & my son competing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 02:18 PM

I have some numbers I will have to take a look when I get home.
FWIW the Sachs shock is pretty limited. I recommend aftermarket. The stock front end works pretty well once you have a good base. IIRC because of the design, it cannot be revalved. You can change the spring though.

Last edited by JerryJoose; 10-11-2016 at 02:20 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 02:41 PM

At expert race pace the front is very limited. The valving is the biggest problem. It seems like there is no compression damping. I got the sag set correctly but I have to keep cranking more preload in to keep from bottoming out the forks.

Todd
2013 F3 675 (RIP)
2014 B3 800 Italia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Cheers guys for the replies. I had the bike in the garage tonight getting it ready for Snetterton Friday. Running Bridgestone v02s which are a funny tyre when it comes to sizes... Cut a long story short, yes they fit, and yes they measure at 180 on the back despite the size they quote

Anyways, the suspension is very limited. Essentially comp and rebound max hard turned out 1/4 of a turn. Rear I didn't have time to set sag so I'll do that at track (what's a good base to work on for 14st)

Comp on back max minis 1/2 turn and rebound 1/2 harder from standard

I'm taking wild guesses until I ride it with a friend but it doesn't take much brain power to realise the front is exactly what you two said... Very limited so whatever I do it'll need springs or a better fork setup

Can I ask, do these have pre load? I turned it on two full turns and could hear the washer turning on the spring but it's not like my gsxr there are no rings that drop as you bring it on making me think there is actually no adjustment. That maybe a stupid question so apologies if so and please don't shoot me down in flames

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me, current road and track racing & my son competing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 04:29 PM

Did I miss something? I'm sure you naffed off and bought an Aprilia or something?

Yes the preload is adjustable. Had to slacken mine way way off from stock settings to get 25mm of rider sag. Feels nice now though. And the fork doesn't have much rebound damping.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-15-2016, 05:20 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
Did I miss something? I'm sure you naffed off and bought an Aprilia or something?

Yes the preload is adjustable. Had to slacken mine way way off from stock settings to get 25mm of rider sag. Feels nice now though. And the fork doesn't have much rebound damping.
Haha I have an Aprilia on the road for the next 18 months until they bring out a Dragster 1000

For track I have an F3 800 that Im able to ride a fair bit

And I can say after being on it yesterday at Snetterton...wow wow wow I forget how good those triples sound. Its got my QD pipe on off my Dragster RR and the sound!

Its a good 10-15% quicker on the my GSXR750 track bike which makes 121 at the rear and runs -1+2 gearing. The MV was completely stock barring V02's and the QD

Suspension was OK at best. There is no pre load adjustment on the front and essentially we just had the comps just off max front and rear with a touch more rebound

It was tearing the rear from a bad setup but I still ran 2.07/8's so its got alot of potential

TC was 2 and never came on

QS lever had to be lowered, after this the changes felt real quick and slick

ABS off - I didnt bother trying race mode. You are better people than me if you can lock a front on track with slicks

I didnt get any video but will be in Spain doing Almeria and Andalucia in 3 weeks so will be getting a few videos hopefully showing all the dash working away

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean100yz View Post

Suspension was OK at best. There is no pre load adjustment on the front

Really? I'm shocked. The Brut has preload adjustment so why not the F3? C'mon MV....

I didnt get any video but will be in Spain doing Almeria and Andalucia in 3 weeks so will be getting a few videos hopefully showing all the dash working away
Circuit de Almeria at Tabernas? I live near there. Sometimes. You'll prob be able to race Tito Rabat. He darned near lives at the track.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode