Tire selection - Page 8 - MVAgusta.net
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 01:44 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSilverTriple View Post
Update at the 4000kms for the Power 3 RS. They last much longer than I expected initially. Tires are still in good state, with even wear on the whole surface (both front and rear). Still the same feedback on the tires. I would say they are at 40% of wear. I will update later once I have worn out this train. I'm actually surprised by the status at current mileage. All the more so as a friend just worn out a Road 5 train on his Street Triple 765 at 4000 km mark riding in similar conditions as me… So far so good, and it confirms, it seems that my next set will be Power RS again…

With the pictures

Added 2500 km to the Power RS before reaching the wear indicator. Wear is spread, and feel continued to be as good as earlier with the wear. End of life at 6700 km for those Power RS. The front tire could do a bit more, but I'm changing now for Road 5 for the cold season, as I'll be riding more this year than usually…

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Looking forward for MVArdeche event in 2019
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 06:42 AM

New Site Garage
Changed the Power RS by Road 5 yesterday. First feeling : profil did not change, and is very similar with the Power RS with spread wear (which again confirmed how good the Power RS were). I rode about 160 kms yesterday after the tire change, and will report about their wear every 2000 km.

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Looking forward for MVArdeche event in 2019
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #73 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 02:15 PM

The stock tires on my '16 TV have 3100 miles; they might make it to 35 or 3600 miles.
Shinko Verge 011 tires will be fitted next.

2016 Turismo Veloce 800

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 10:33 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeps View Post
The stock tires on my '16 TV have 3100 miles; they might make it to 35 or 3600 miles.

Shinko Verge 011 tires will be fitted next.

Stock ones last very short. Mine lasted 6.500km. Next I bought a set of Scorpion Trails 2 and they last now over 10.000km and still look good for another 1.500km.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turismo Veloce 2016
post #75 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko G. View Post
Stock ones last very short. Mine lasted 6.500km. Next I bought a set of Scorpion Trails 2 and they last now over 10.000km and still look good for another 1.500km.
I could live with 6000 or more miles.
A set of Scorpion Trails 2 in the US is close to $400. I'm not willing to spend that kind of cash.

I have good history with Shinko tires; all I can say is they work for me, a set can be had for around $200 and, will run between 5k and 10k miles.

2016 Turismo Veloce 800

post #76 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 01:55 PM

New Site Garage
My TVL had the stock Scorpion Trails when I got it with only 600 miles on them. I never really warmed up to the tires. Swapped them out to the Road 5s and very pleased so far with 300 miles and a track day. They feel much more planted than the Scorps, that said, I don't ride fast enough to push any envelopes. I have set of road wheels on a KTM 950A with Pilot Road 4s {19 X 17}. The Road 5s are a little better in the rain and about the same on the dry with the PR4s.
post #77 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorretto View Post
My TVL had the stock Scorpion Trails when I got it with only 600 miles on them. I never really warmed up to the tires. Swapped them out to the Road 5s and very pleased so far with 300 miles and a track day. They feel much more planted than the Scorps, that said, I don't ride fast enough to push any envelopes. I have set of road wheels on a KTM 950A with Pilot Road 4s {19 X 17}. The Road 5s are a little better in the rain and about the same on the dry with the PR4s.
I find the PR5s a big step up from the PR4s, the 4s were vague for edge grip in the dry, and would squirm with little throttle imputs, the 5s are brilliant, brilliant in the wet, and great in the dry, i run them on both my 1290GT and my 1198 Multistrada, I've got Rosso III on the MV, they are quite nice, but longevity isn't their forte.
Attached Images

zzaraxx and Rayz1078 like this.
post #78 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 07:05 AM

New Site Garage
I think tyres were one of the most subjective components of a bike. I have had a TVL in my hand for an entire day in a press test and the feeling with the Scorpion Trail was been good. I experienced the same tyres last year with an F 800 GS I used to going to Nordkapp and in 2015 with a V-Strom 1000, on a trip to Scotland.
Speaking about Bridgestone, the S21, that will be replaced with the new S22, it's a different type of tyre. A couple of tyres I tested in Morocco in march were been the Battlax T31 Evo and the A41. For a bike such as the TVL, in the optic to an high mileage and sporty feeling, I prefer the T31. Instead, if You want performance firstly, imho the BT 016 Pro was unbeatable in the price/performance field.
post #79 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 09:33 AM

Tyres

I just changed my Pirelli supercorsa`s after 2500 km (only in driven in summertime) and yes they are what is written about them. They stick and gave me much confidence. Rode for two weeks with the Pirelli`s in the Ardeche and Cevennes. Have to say that the starting profile from new is not much .( 3mm )

Will save the last kilometres for the next summer or trackday.

After reading several magazines I opted for the new Dunlop sportsmart TT, the starting profile from this tyre is about 6 mm . Which is a lot for a sports tyre in my opinion.

Only did 150 km on them but they felt more flickable . Can not say much about the grip because december is not the best month over here to go for a proper ride out.
Attached Images

post #80 of 90 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 04:39 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayz1078 View Post
I just changed my Pirelli supercorsa`s after 2500 km (only in driven in summertime) and yes they are what is written about them. They stick and gave me much confidence. Rode for two weeks with the Pirelli`s in the Ardeche and Cevennes. Have to say that the starting profile from new is not much .( 3mm )

Will save the last kilometres for the next summer or trackday.

After reading several magazines I opted for the new Dunlop sportsmart TT, the starting profile from this tyre is about 6 mm . Which is a lot for a sports tyre in my opinion.

Only did 150 km on them but they felt more flickable . Can not say much about the grip because december is not the best month over here to go for a proper ride out.
Before you bought Dunlop i wish you'd tried Pirelli Corsa II, especially if you have been satisfied with SC, more "meat" than SC and shoulders are slick as SC, i did more than 4000km, (Nov-Dec) rear one is almost done but front is still good... I know TV is not Brutale but anyway...
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to zzaraxx For This Useful Post:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode