Track day brake pads - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 04:02 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Track day brake pads

Ladies,

Any recommendations for a set of pads good for a ride day? Going down to Qld. Raceway in September. Running std. Brembo street pads at the moment.

Cheers

Deano
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 04:54 AM

New Site Garage
If the pads you are using is still in very good condition, keep using them mate. New brake fluid would help more.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 08:48 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
If the pads you are using is still in very good condition, keep using them mate. New brake fluid would help more.
I would agree with this. My stock pads have been able to handle what I've thrown at them so far on the track...of course I'm not as advanced as others. I did flush the lines with Castrol React fluid though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spark For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 03:05 AM
Established Member

Ive got the Vesrah VD-9031 SRJL-XX pads in my Brembo M4 caliper's for my RSV4 track bike and they are amazing. Have done about 10 track days on them and have had no issues whatsoever. They have great initial bite and cannot recommend them highly enough.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 03:28 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Thanks men. My stock pads are good. I run a Brembo master cylinder which is good but the initial bite is not as savage as the second if you know what I mean (on the road). They are bled regularly but never keep that initial bite for too long. Obviously on the track they will be much better being in constant use and at temp. Was just asking to see if there was something better for the planned use.

Cheers

Deano
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 06:58 AM
Established Member

what bike do you have Deano? i have a Brembo 19mm race master cylinder and with this setup the braking power is immense on the RSV4.Never ever had an issue with fade or lack of stopping power.

Ive ridden that setup at Broadford which is very hard on brakes and Phillip island which is only really 2 hard brake points.

I have only ridden my F3 on the street with the same brakes and the stock OEM M/C and pads but the brakes seem even more powerful. Dunno what they would be like on track.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
2009 1078 Brutale. Changed from the stock Nissan cylinders because they always needed bleeding. Yes the Brembo 19RCS is powerful but still suffers from having to go for that second pull for full power after a few weeks use after bleeding. Hence the enquiry about pads to compensate. Probably not explaining too well. As with all things hydraulic they need regular bleeding. And yes, it gets bled regularly enough to completely change fluid a couple of times a year. Not a big problem, it'll be o.k. on the day.

Cheers

Deano
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 02:24 AM

New Site Garage
If your brakes are doing what you're describing Deano, then I think you have a leak, those brake should never need a 2nd squeeze mate.
Do you find much air in the system when you bleed them ? Have you tried pushing all the pistons all the way back into the calipers before bleeding them ?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 04:04 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
No leaks Donsy. Always get a bubble or two either at the calipers or the cylinder. This is after a few weeks running between bleeds. Have done the caliper piston thing and this is great but after a while it fades a bit. Brakes are good but that 2nd squeeze has more bite and power.

Cheers

Deano
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 06:46 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
No leaks Donsy. Always get a bubble or two either at the calipers or the cylinder. This is after a few weeks running between bleeds. Have done the caliper piston thing and this is great but after a while it fades a bit. Brakes are good but that 2nd squeeze has more bite and power.

Cheers

Deano
yeah that seems a bit weird mate. Im a very half assed kinda guy but since i installed my pads and fluid 10 track days ago i haven't touched the brakes...they haven't been bled and they still feel like they did when new.

What you describe definitely sounds weird as with the Brembo MC the power of your brakes should be amazing. Have you checked the pistons in the calipers?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode