Not withstand the pirelli strong gas !! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 03:31 AM Thread Starter

Not withstand the pirelli strong gas !!

hi guys , this is the state of my Scorpion Trail 2 1300 km . I says commercial pirelli who are not ready for a sporty driving , the canvas does not reach these profiles and being very soft fold over themselves when I open strong gas with the bike even inclined .that being 20/80 pneumatic trail is not ready for certain angles lying demanding the maximum.
I think that will be the last time you put this tire..no them want to go down to go to the limit of the tire .
Any man with the same problem? I've seen some other pirelli internet with the same snacks ...
Name:  DSC_0047.JPG
Views: 233
Size:  205.1 KB

Name:  DSC_0050.JPG
Views: 229
Size:  205.2 KB

Name:  DSC_0051.JPG
Views: 232
Size:  180.5 KB

Name:  DSC_0052_1.JPG
Views: 231
Size:  240.9 KB

Name:  DSC_0053_1.JPG
Views: 226
Size:  183.4 KB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 04:03 AM

New Site Garage
That's a bit unusual Enz, what pressures are you running?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 04:05 AM

New Site Garage
I haven't seen that before, doesn't look very good. Almost as if the edge of the tyre has slid/torn, though if it had done so fully at that angle of lean you'd have been tumbling down the road and facing a big repair bill. Dons has a good point regarding the pressures.

Have you tried contacting Pirelli directly and showing them? Would be interested to hear what they say.

IMHO I don't think that the Scorpion Trails are particularly suited to this bike, I would have liked to have seen a decent sports/tour tyre fitted from the factory rather than the most suitable tyre that Pirelli could offer them. Maybe it's because the Multistrada has these fitted and the TV is somewhat targeted towards potential buyers of that model?

I have mentioned the Angel GT on this forum previously but was told that it isn't an approved fit for the TV. However, using the model selector on the Pirelli web site the Angel GT (as well as the Diablo Rosso III, along with the Scorpion Trail) is included in their recommendation.

I'll be running the Scorpion Trails mine came with until they're shot and then probably fitting Michelin PR4s. Will keep an eye on mine for the same issue that you're experiencing. I'm not a knee on the floor type of rider but do get my tyres to the edges.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 04:07 AM Thread Starter

I think also that this wheel to be 190 is somewhat flatter than any sport that are more pointy .
I leave photos of the front wheel that my riding is that I demand more ...

FRONT LEFT FLANK
Name:  DSC_0020.JPG
Views: 205
Size:  281.5 KB

Name:  DSC_0022.JPG
Views: 209
Size:  238.4 KB

Name:  DSC_0030.JPG
Views: 206
Size:  238.2 KB

Name:  DSC_0031.JPG
Size:  268.5 KB

FRONT RIGHT FLANK
Name:  DSC_0019.JPG
Views: 208
Size:  237.9 KB

Name:  DSC_0021.JPG
Size:  190.3 KB

Name:  DSC_0028.JPG
Views: 204
Size:  250.0 KB
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 04:16 AM Thread Starter

Hy Donsy , in front 2.6 and 2.7 back .
In the left fork recommends Mv 2.6 / 2.6 .

Bumpkin , on this bike I'm not taking knee, but seeing the result has 'll have to start doing , though not as natural to the height you have. Years ago I left behind the R and I come from KTM Supermoto R with leg in front style supermotard , being more comfortable the only thing I do is drive the English style and although the wheel apparently does not hold , the truth is that the bike is on rails even opening the gas aggressively with traction control 5 .
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 06:13 AM

New Site Garage
Looking at the front tyre I think you're leaning quite some way over, I'll happily admit that you have 'testículos grandes'. Is anything touching down? You're probably partially riding off the edge of the rear tyre which is causing the tearing you see there.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 07:10 AM

New Site Garage
I'm not sure what pressure they recommend for the TV, but I'd say try dropping the pressures down to about 34psi at the rear.
If you're running over the edge of the rear tyre, then it's because there's no flex in the sidewall due too much pressure.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Bumpkin, that's exactly what I tried to say before, that 's what told me the trade of pirelli ... too bent over the edge profile and power transfer with the bike at a large angle ... ..and no time nothing touches the ground, or the tip of boots on the ground mania hide well in the footrest .
Donsy,the explcacion I got is that this case lacks canvas to the edge of the profile, and being only soft rubber this gives way and collapses on itself at the point where the abris lying gas, the problem will come when instead of skidding fold excess , that day I hope not remove the gas would come out suddenly because his ears ... until you change the tires is taking 'll have to require knee or something less.
Best of all is that the tire limit is not of this great machine.

Last edited by [email protected]; 06-03-2016 at 09:46 AM.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 12:22 PM

Hola que pasa Enz - no es bueno. Pneumaticos nuevos?
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Hola jono...son 1300km...a mi en especial no me habia pasado nunca pero buscando en internet he visto algo parecido en algun neumatico.Siempre he utilizado gomas supersport y visto lo visto este experimento 20 enduro 80 road no me va nada bien. Consultando con algun colega de supermotard me comentaron que si lo habian visto alguna vez y que tenia bastante sentido lo que me habia dicho el comercisl de pirelli. Se nota mucho incando la uña justo en el perfil que hunde demasiado a diferencia del resto de los flancos....creo que los gastare con cuidado y le pondre algo con carcasa mas adecuada para rodar mas seguro.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode