TV 800 suspension settings. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 03:18 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
TV 800 suspension settings.

Folks, does anyone have the base settings for the front and rear suspension on the TV. I couldn't find them anywhere in the manual and even the dealer hasn't been able to confirm with MV yet. I have taken them from a new bike in their show room for the moment. The manual seems to give you the adjustment from the base but not the base! Unless I am reading it wrong.

Also I wouldn't mind knowing what sort of settings you guys find works best for you? I am 210 lbs and find the rear needs 10 -12 clicks of preload to get to a better place. Other than that I haven't tried anything on the front or anything else from base.

Cheers for the input

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 04:32 AM

New Site Garage
Well you mean the rear suspension I guess...

That's easy :-)

1 Person = Standard
1 Person + 1 luggage = +5
2 Person = +15
2 Person + 2 luggage = +25

so 1 Person is = 15
1 luggage is = 5

turn the knob counter clockwise to the end and then 15 klicks will be the "Standard".

the "Standard is defined with a Person of 75 KG or 165 lbs.
if you are a bit heavier so maybe 18-20 klicks is "YOUR" Standard. You have to test it for your own convenience.

Gero

Last edited by Gero HH; 05-15-2016 at 05:12 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gero HH For This Useful Post:
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 04:47 AM

Gero that covers the preloaded adjustment, it does not relate to the compression and rebound damping. I am a bit reluctant to tell people what works for Jen my wife who mainly rides solo with luggage. She does tend to use the bike in a rather more sporty mode than most, suffice to say the rear shock needed a bit more compression and rebound dialed in to suit.

jimboF4

in the garage: 2001 F4 750 1+1, 2005 Brutale 910S Carbon, 2007 Brutale 910R, 2009 F41000R, 2013 Brutale 800, 2015 Turismo Veloce 800,1976 Triumph T140D Bonneville, 1976 Honda CB400F2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 05:10 AM

New Site Garage
Hi jimboF4,
yes you are absolutely right. vfrbhoy was asking for the standard settings, for the front it says in the manual what are the standard is. But for the rear it doesn't say clearly what the standard is. You just have to calculate. And from there you can go where ever you like. I've done it this way and it seems perfectly for me.
I've got the Lusso so I don't need to set up the front

Gero
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 05:39 PM

The standard is in the manual for the front and for the rear rebound/compression as well. The only thing missing is the spring preload for the rear. I have mine midway between soft/hard and am paying around with it to see if I notice any differences.

I also tuned my front for the sport setting and it handles much better!!

Turismo Veloce 800
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 02:47 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Rear pre-load is used to set static ride height.

Gapalicious 2020 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from TENTATIVELYSept. 30-OCT.4, 2020

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 05:27 AM

It becomes fairly difficult to do the correct settings. In my case, I wonder sporty settings but I have'nt reached for the time being. Front forks are quite good but rear suspension is disapointing, too soft. Also is noticeable that the compression is really complicated to adjust, its access is almost impossible.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 03:58 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Thanks for the input guys. I kind of follow the logic. It seems to me that the "standard" on preload of the rear might have had some table based on rider weights or something. That's also the view of my dealer and they have been in contact with MV but no joy. All of the new TVs they have received from the factory at "standard" setting for preload were 7.5 lines (6 clicks) from fully wound out. D
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 05:15 PM

New Site Garage
I've done my "preload" of 17 klicks, with all my gear my weight is 78KG (172 lb)
and it is perfect for me...
after that, just do the klicks I've said before for more weight .....
If you got the Lusso as well, just change the settings on the dash and it will make a big change!!

cheers from Hamburg ... :-)

Gero
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 05:43 PM

New Site Garage
By no means have I concluded making adjustments (as if we ever would...) but found the rear of my TVL to softly sprung as it came from the showroom. Wound it all the way out then 15 clicks in and it improved a lot. Was previously on something like 7 clicks in.

As Gero says the TVL doesn't have physical damping and rebound adjustment, only different suspension modes. The front does have preload on the top of the right leg but I'm reasonably happy with that. Forthcoming tour will give time for experimentation for further tuning.

For the first time ever I'm tempted to get an iSomething just to be able to fiddle further with the suspension and set some of the custom modes (would go back in the drawer afterwards though). However, it seems that the app has now been withdrawn from the app store.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
The Following User Says Thank You to Bumpkin For This Useful Post:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode