Tyres for our TV's - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Tyres for our TV's

Dear all,

I'm specting to change my tyres in a very few weeks. Front tyre is almost at its end however rear tyre is still quite well but I'll change both.

The question is that all the TV's I've seen uses Scorpion Trail (as mine) and I'm wondering if this is the best alternative to use taking into account that I'll never use my MV AGUSTA off road.

Considering this, I would consider to install different tyres such as Pirelli Diablo GT, Pirelli Scorpion Trail II, Dunlop Roadsmart II or Continental Evo II.

Has anyone of you tried any alternative to the most common Scorpion Trail in your TV? Any suggestions?

I preffer to drive sporty rather than touring mode

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 03:37 PM

New Site Garage
Many have said the same. TVs should, IMHO, have been fitted with Angel GTs from the factory. I understand the desire to fit Pirelli tyres, Italian and all that, but why the scorpions...

Maybe just because the Multistrada (MV took so many features from that for the TV) has them, though that does have an 'off road' mode. Much like the TV I doubt if many of their owners ride off the tarmac though.

My previous favorite sports touring rubber was the Michelin Pilot Road 4 but will try the Angel GTs next.

Not too sure how the Scorpions are going to cope on track... I have been invited to ride a Panigale round Silverstone for half a day at the end of the month. However, the first session you do on your own bike. Don't have the spare funds to buy sticky rubber just for that though. Will just have to take it relatively easy. Will be riding other Ducatis in the morning so a chance to try the Multistrada again.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKUS View Post
Dear all,

I'm specting to change my tyres in a very few weeks. Front tyre is almost at its end however rear tyre is still quite well but I'll change both.

The question is that all the TV's I've seen uses Scorpion Trail (as mine) and I'm wondering if this is the best alternative to use taking into account that I'll never use my MV AGUSTA off road.

Considering this, I would consider to install different tyres such as Pirelli Diablo GT, Pirelli Scorpion Trail II, Dunlop Roadsmart II or Continental Evo II.

Has anyone of you tried any alternative to the most common Scorpion Trail in your TV? Any suggestions?

I preffer to drive sporty rather than touring mode

Thanks
First of all remember that our bike is very light, only 210 kg with a full tank and is fast, very fast ..
The Pirelli Angel GT (the Diablo GT not exist) are for heavy motorcycle over the 230/240 kg and the rear tire is quite hard, I made a mistake when I mounted on the Kawasaki Versys 650 MY2015 who weighed 215 kg and I have getting bad because I felt it back hard.
I planned to mount the new Dunlop Roadsmart III (3), is a sport touring tire and the rear you can choose the SP version for light weight bikes, excellent compromise between sportiness, wet grip and mileage.
If you want a sportier tyre think to the Pirelli Diablo Rosso III, I spoke with a person who has mounted and he feel very well, he went to the track for fun...
http://www.dunlop.eu/dunlop_euen/mc/...dSmart_III.jsp
Attached Images

Last edited by Tito_Agusta; 05-10-2016 at 04:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 05:18 PM

New Site Garage
I've just changed the tyres and went for scorpion trail 2, had Angel GTs on the brutale which were decent but I preferred pilot road 3/4 in the wet, maybe try the new metzeler roadtec 01 next depending on reviews or go back to PR4s.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bruce
MY15
Edition1 Turismo
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 05:48 PM

New Site Garage
Thanks for the warning about the weight issue Tito, didn't know that and hadn't read anything about a lower weight limit, I do see that they manufacture a few different variants one stiffer than the other I believe. Also read about one BMW rider who retuned them because they weren't stiff enough and were sort of collapsing under stress.

EDIT: Just found this information...

The Angel GT "A Spec" Rear is a 2-ply re-enforced carcass design for heavy sport touring bike models.

Where does that leave the other variants? They do a regular version for front and rear sizes, an A version in both and a D (specifically for the Multistrada apparently) in the rear size...

Do you have a source for your information re. the recommended weight ranges?

Chas

Last edited by Bumpkin; 05-10-2016 at 06:24 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 06:01 PM

I'm thinking Pilot Road 4 or Diablo Rosso 3 when tires are due (which probably will be fairly soon). Pilot should last longer, DR3 would be stickier.

I'm about to swap my Tiger for a Caponord so the TV will be more the sport/fun bike in the garage. Not so worried about a long distance tire.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 02:50 AM

New Site Garage
I doubt if the mileage will be great on the BT-016s, will be nice and grippy though. These are Hypersports tyres whereas the 023s are sports touring.

Chas

Last edited by Bumpkin; 05-12-2016 at 02:54 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode