Bleeding ABS brakes (F3 800) - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Bleeding ABS brakes (F3 800)

The back brake on my bike was mediocre from new and now 18 months of infrequent riding later is totally ineffective, I can put as much force on the lever as I want and apart from
some mild retardation it doesn't work.
I tried bleeding it 2 weeks ago with a hand vacuum pump, it improved slightly but is still hopeless. I mean you should be able to get the ABS to kick in with a moderate force on the lever, correct?

I have the 675 manual courtesy of Donsy but it's pre ABS, from looking at the parts diags on the Startwin site I can see how hard it would be to bleed with the brake line looping up from the brake cylinder to the ABS unit
and down again to the caliper. There doesn't appear to be any bleed nipple on the ABS unit.
Is there a service mode to cycle the ABS while bleeding like on Triumphs and BMW's?
is there some technique that I have missed, would be a pain in the arse to have to bring the bike to a dealer just to bleed the brakes.

Any help would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016, 08:55 AM

Not quite sure about the ABS as mine is a non-abs F3 and the rear brake is also useless.

Ive had it bled but it was still useless so the kink in the pipe leading to the MC might be the issue in my case.

In any case I'm doing the mod as per the link below to get my bike to 2016 spec with regards to the reservoir position and hose.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1833889

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode