Starting problems have developed - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Starting problems have developed

Hi folks I’m new to the MV world. I’m ianfergy with a 13 Brutale 800. Just loving the last 12 months riding regularly around the snowy Mountains Australia.
I recently returned from a trip on the great ocean road in Victoria when I started experiencing starting issues as in not starting Till after two or three goes and then sometimes after six or seven Attempts. Can anyone tell me if this sound like a clutch issue?

Ianfergy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 07:27 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianfergy View Post
Hi folks I’m new to the MV world. I’m ianfergy with a 13 Brutale 800. Just loving the last 12 months riding regularly around the snowy Mountains Australia.
I recently returned from a trip on the great ocean road in Victoria when I started experiencing starting issues as in not starting Till after two or three goes and then sometimes after six or seven Attempts. Can anyone tell me if this sound like a clutch issue?
Has the sprag ever been updated? Does your bike have the latest ECU map with the starting sequence programming changes? Is your battery up to the task? How many miles on her now? Possibly time for service and/or new spark plugs?

So many variables. I have moved this to your own thread with this question. Hope you don't mind

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

Last edited by esq'z me; 10-24-2019 at 07:30 AM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 12:50 PM

New Site Garage
Had same problem. The clutclever switch was faulty. Disconect the socket (close to clutclever). Socket on the dash side:Shortwire it. Pece of metal in +and -. Start the bike. If it starts and keap on duing this, then you have found your sinner. Order a new clutclever switch. Happy riding.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode