FM Projects exhaust - MVAgusta.net
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

FM Projects exhaust

I'm looking at buying an FM projects exhaust possibly used. I have someone offering to sell me theirs for $910 that they pulled off a 2014 675. It definitely needs to be polished up. But as far as the pictures go there isn't any damage. It'll be going on my 2015 Dragster.

Is this a good deal? They're selling for $1,260 now on Design Course.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by The_Swann06; 09-16-2019 at 03:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 03:20 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Taylor
Tried the FM, but the constant noise level on a long journey became annoying.

Switched to the QD with the detachable db's, you can then control the sound level
Attached Images

jdgun likes this.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 04:16 AM

OP, in answer to your question *pokes Bruce* it definitely needs a polish. I sold mine used for around 500 I believe. I polished it myself.

Just bear in mind and make sure that it comes with the bolts (even though you could just use your current ones). Also make sure the spring is provided.

Also, I could not for the life of me remove the shield to polish under it. You may have better luck.
The_Swann06 likes this.

Kag

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 04:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Taylor View Post
Tried the FM, but the constant noise level on a long journey became annoying.

Switched to the QD with the detachable db's, you can then control the sound level
Thanks for the input Bruce. I have heard the issue with the level of noise from a few others as well. The appearance keeps me drawn to the exhaust still however. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kageira View Post
OP, in answer to your question *pokes Bruce* it definitely needs a polish. I sold mine used for around 500 I believe. I polished it myself.

Just bear in mind and make sure that it comes with the bolts (even though you could just use your current ones). Also make sure the spring is provided.

Also, I could not for the life of me remove the shield to polish under it. You may have better luck.
Thank you for letting me know! Given that information I feel the seller is definitely asking too much. I'd want to polish it back up and it could use a new FM sticker on the cover. I do believe it comes with at least the spring. I can't speak for the additional bolts.

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 07:05 AM

I wouldnt worry about getting a new sticker. You will peel it back off in no time.

It's position plus the heat of the surface doesnt help it much.

Kag

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 07:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I wouldnt worry about getting a new sticker. You will peel it back off in no time.

Very good point. If I do get my hands on a used one I'll just ditch it. It looks like Matt sold his so I'll keep an eye out.

Last edited by The_Swann06; 09-18-2019 at 07:54 AM.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 11:25 PM

Quote:

I put helicopter tape over my sticker (just search for it on eBay). Sticker looks good as new so far. Regarding the noise, it is noisy but it sounds sweet and it is quieter than my old monster 1000 with arrow titanium exhaust. It looks good as well. I think HP Corse also looks great and it was a tough decision for me but went with the FM Projects. One thing I hated about the stock exhaust was the big bladder under the bike, and one thing I love about the FM Projects is the little tiny baffle under the bike.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 05:25 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Swann06 View Post
I do believe it comes with at least the spring. I can't speak for the additional bolts.

I got mine used aon here for less and was in way better condition than that. The bolts on the heatshield aren't a major issue as the ones off the OEM work. The bigger issue I found was where the belly pan attaches. There should be a piece of metal that comes with the slip on and if that's not there you have a headache on your hands. I never got those cause the prvious owner didn't have them but at least he told me that. There should also be springs obviously.

'12 F4RR CorsaCorta, '12 F3 675
'09 Yamaha R1 - Sold

'12 BMW S1000RR
'18 Ducati Xdiavel
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 05:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav777 View Post
I got mine used aon here for less and was in way better condition than that. The bolts on the heatshield aren't a major issue as the ones off the OEM work. The bigger issue I found was where the belly pan attaches. There should be a piece of metal that comes with the slip on and if that's not there you have a headache on your hands. I never got those cause the prvious owner didn't have them but at least he told me that. There should also be springs obviously.
Thank you for letting me know that. The exhaust in question definitely look to be in rougher shape. Is that piece of metal supposed to be welded on the exhaust? Or does it bolt on? I do believe the springs are there.

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 06:52 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Swann06 View Post
Thank you for letting me know that. The exhaust in question definitely look to be in rougher shape. Is that piece of metal supposed to be welded on the exhaust? Or does it bolt on? I do believe the springs are there.

Luckily no welding, one side bolts on to the exhaust and the other to the belly pan, to hold the belly pan in place. Having to measure and get the right length is a pain cuse the belly pan get's in the way. Check designcorse as they have a pic with all that its suppose to come with.

https://www.designcorse.com/products...-f3-b3-exhaust

'12 F4RR CorsaCorta, '12 F3 675
'09 Yamaha R1 - Sold

'12 BMW S1000RR
'18 Ducati Xdiavel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode