Dragster owners:bigger riders - MVAgusta.net
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Dragster owners:bigger riders

Seeing some good deals on used dragsters pop up and i've always loved the look of them. Sadly i'm 3-4 hours from any dealer so I can't jump on one to see how they fit me. I'm 6ft pretty athletic build with 32L pants. I know I fit on a rivale which is initially what I was going to get because they are an absolute blast, just want to confirm taller riders on these before I drive to go test one. I've had smaller friends tell me they were small for them.

2004 Ducati Monster 1000sie- Naked
2004 Aprilia RSV1000R -track bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 11:41 AM

I'm 5' 7", 160lbs, and a size 30. Mine fits me perfectly fine.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 11:50 AM

New Site Garage
You're not mentioning which modelyear dragster, since 2018 there is a new shape.
Make it a nice daytrip ride, to and back from that dealer.

a 6 feet dude can say it feels nice and solid. While maybe you hate the position.
I've read & heard multiple people say the Dragster has a fix position. Shape makes you drop into the dip of the seat. (2015-2017) 2018+ seems to have a bit more space.
From 2018 onwards I think you can take the gamble on someone words. Way better seat.

Here: a sideview picture (2015 model). Maybe it helps.
Attached Images

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 12:26 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Come on down to Marietta and visit DucShop....you can stay with me overnight and enjoy dinner and discussion.
Black_Gold_Saw likes this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 05:23 PM

I’m 6ft 185lbs and it fits me like a glove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprockit View Post
Seeing some good deals on used dragsters pop up and i've always loved the look of them. Sadly i'm 3-4 hours from any dealer so I can't jump on one to see how they fit me. I'm 6ft pretty athletic build with 32L pants. I know I fit on a rivale which is initially what I was going to get because they are an absolute blast, just want to confirm taller riders on these before I drive to go test one. I've had smaller friends tell me they were small for them.
mikecr50 likes this.

Atom
Brutale Dragster RR
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 07:36 AM

I have exactly the same stats as you and I find my Dragster to be comfortable enough for 2 to 3 hours riding. Slight aches and pains after this time, but this could be down to being old and unfit
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 09:45 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Come on down to Marietta and visit DucShop....you can stay with me overnight and enjoy dinner and discussion.
+1 For making the trip down to Ducshop. Mark is great to work with and has loyal clients that have the old and new design dragster.

-Michael

2019 MV Agusta Dragster RR
2017 Aprilia RSV4-RF (SOLD)
2016 Aprilia Tuono Factory (DECEASED)
2015 MV Agusta Dragster RR (SOLD)
2013 Triumph Daytona (SOLD)
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 07:10 AM

New Site Garage
Hi, excellent question. I have a 2018 Dragster RR, and I am five foot five, thirty inch inseam and yeah not too big. For me, the Dragster is a superb fit. I personally think for taller riders, up to six foot, it could work. Leg length is key perhaps. I find the geometry snug in the leg area. Seat, for me gives just enough room to move around, and it is comfortable for up to 3 hour rides.

Definitely find one to sit on before spending the money. Phenomenal bike. Huge fun. Very fast. Beautiful. Great handling.
Black_Gold_Saw likes this.

Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly....
2018 MV Agusta 800 Brutale RR-- "Betttina" in Giallo-Nero
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 01:47 PM

I’m 6’7” and about 210 lb. The bike fits well, a bit small for my legs as to be expected but not small enough to be uncomfortable. I’ve done multiple 5+ hour day rides on it and am not hurting in the end. I’d say you shouldn’t have an issue with fitting.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 02:39 PM
Established Member

2019 Dragster sits a good bit higher than the brutale and pegs are lower, I would say the 2019 Dragster would suit a larger guy better than both the brutale & F4, again the foot pegs sit lower and you tend to scrape your foot when cornering unless you tuck your feet right up (toes on pegs)

Presently looking for an F4 to join collection, ideally a F4 1078

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in