lithium battery? recommend? charge? - MVAgusta.net
 3Likes
  • 3 Post By Tirefriar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 07:22 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Question lithium battery? recommend? charge?

All,

I have searched the forums and found a lot of positive comments on lithium batteries. Likely I will want one when my current battery ages out. My Moto Guzzi V7 III battery is showing age symptoms (dicey start). May I ask: what lithium battery do you recommend for a 2018 Dragster RR? And, can I also trickle charge a lithium battery like a normal lead/acid cell type? Besides weight drop, do the lithium batteries have other advantages? Last longer?

Grazie,
Lucydad

Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly....
2018 MV Agusta 800 Brutale RR-- "Betttina" in Giallo-Nero
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 08:33 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
If you are investing in a quality lithium battery you should also invest in the dedicated charger for that battery.

Many brands out there, Shorai is one of the older, more reputable brands. Their dedicated charger plugs into a port on the battery and equalizes all the cells.

Standard chargers will work, but care must be taken as some types have a charge profile that will damage the battery (and possibly catch fire :-0 ).

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 08:48 AM

Why lithium? Unless you are looking to shave off every ounce of weight from your bike, agm batteries will be a better application for street use. With an agm battery you get advance notice that the battery is dying. Lithium battery will give you the same great start even though it’s giving up a ghost in the next 15 minutes. There’s little enjoyment of going on an evening ride on a bike which starts and runs as it should and then getting stuck on a side of the road with no juice. Had that happen to me with a Shorai.

All my bikes with exception of one run AGM batteries. When that one shorai goes it will be replaced by odyssey.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in