Dragster 3 tip exhausts - MVAgusta.net
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

Dragster 3 tip exhausts

Hello, Has anyone heard the zero exhaust, the hp corse, and the QD for the dragster 800rr? I have a 2017 and am looking to get one of these for it. I was also wondering if anyone has had issues with these either melting or rubbing their tires at all, since it looks like they end pretty close to the tires. Any input on these would be great.
thanks 🙂
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 02:53 PM

I have the QD, no issues with melting or rubbing the tyre however depending on what rearsets you use it can melt you boot, I just got used to riding with a different foot position.

One issue though, I have lost my middle baffle, seems if you don't keep a check on the tightness of the holding bolt they can work themselves out.

Overall happy, sounds good, too loud with all the baffles out so now I have 2 in and 1 out!
Bruce Taylor likes this.

Dragster 800 2015
F4 RR 2013
Brutale 1090 RR 2011 - Sold
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 03:41 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Taylor
Zero One fitted to the F3675 and then the 800, noise level just too much on a long run, switched to the QD where you can at least control the noise by removing as many of the db's you wish.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRCoEEF0FyI

Not my video but QD sound comparisons

www.youtube.com/watch?v=InHPlKLey6w

Last edited by Bruce Taylor; 05-14-2019 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Revised Video
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 10:22 AM

Slightly off topic, but with the QD Exhaust option, can you still fit the factory black heat shield? I am torn between the silver or black option. The black looks a little more stealth, but I do like the visual appeal of the silver with the visible welds, etc. but pretty raw.

Maybe the silver with the stock heat shield would be the ticket. Yes, I am overthinking this - its what I do.....
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 05:15 PM

No you cannot fit the heatshield
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 09:30 AM
Established Member

I've had both FM Project on my older dragster, and now a HP Corse Hydro Tre on my current one. I think the HP Corse sounds better, and I even have the doubled baffled version currently (which isn't what I ordered and am waiting for replacement).

-Michael

2019 MV Agusta Dragster RR
2017 Aprilia RSV4-RF (SOLD)
2016 Aprilia Tuono Factory (DECEASED)
2015 MV Agusta Dragster RR (SOLD)
2013 Triumph Daytona (SOLD)
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makers_mike View Post
I've had both FM Project on my older dragster, and now a HP Corse Hydro Tre on my current one. I think the HP Corse sounds better, and I even have the doubled baffled version currently (which isn't what I ordered and am waiting for replacement).

-Michael
Hmmm...I was about to order, but was under the impression they have removeable dB killers - is that not the case? Also, just curious who you ordered from - I have had some conversations with Design Corse and they seem very helpful.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 12:14 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJCF View Post
Hmmm...I was about to order, but was under the impression they have removeable dB killers - is that not the case? Also, just curious who you ordered from - I have had some conversations with Design Corse and they seem very helpful.
So I have a 2019 dragster which is the redesign. HP Corse wasn't advertising an exhaust for my model yet when I ordered through Design Corse.

Design Corse was able to get me one for the new model. HP Corse told Design Corse that I was getting the race exhaust (no internal baffling) with removable baffles at the tips.

What I got instead was fully baffled internally and at the tips (no removable). This was a mistake on HP Corse's end, and Design Corse has been amazing communicating with them and getting it resolved.

I am waiting for the new exhaust to come in, and will send this one back.

For the non-redesigned Dragster RR's (2018 and before), HP Corse offered 3 different options from what I saw when doing my research. One of which included removable baffles.

Hope this helps!

-Michael

2019 MV Agusta Dragster RR
2017 Aprilia RSV4-RF (SOLD)
2016 Aprilia Tuono Factory (DECEASED)
2015 MV Agusta Dragster RR (SOLD)
2013 Triumph Daytona (SOLD)
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 05:10 PM

Service from Design Corse does not surprise me, top quality company and always willing to help
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 10:55 AM

I have the Silmoto on my 15 RR. Too loud for my old ears. Has anyone heard the Silmoto and the QD and if so, can you comment on the difference? Thanks.

Pants up, don't loot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in