Driven Halo Bar end mirrors on Brutale 800 MY17 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Cool Driven Halo Bar end mirrors on Brutale 800 MY17

I just added driven racing Halo bar end mirrors to my Brutale today. Thank you to folks on this forum who posted advice in other threads that helped me figure out what was needed.

I had a heat gun ready as another thread here made me think that the existing bar end weights would be covered in threadlocker, but I did not need to worry as they came out with just a bit of elbow grease.

The Halo mirrors use an expanding sleeve which won't work with the threaded handlebars on the Brutale, but I saw a post on here where someone said Yamaha FZ-07 threaded adapters would fit. The Rizoma MA600 adapters for Yamaha have the correct thread for the handlebars, and are threaded m6x1.5 inside. The screw that came with the mirrors is m6x1.5 but has too large of a barrel (smooth unthreaded part) to fit in the Rizoma adapter. A quick trip to Ace hardware for some new stainless screws got me sorted and the mirrors screwed right in. However, I'm not really happy with how far the Rizoma adapters stick out on the Brutale so I will likely cut them down.

Another quick trip to Ace to pick up a couple of plastic plugs to plug up the old mirror holes and I was set. For those who are wondering, the old mirrors are M10x1.25.

The Halo mirrors are solid and quality (and unfortunately expensive!) They don't move or buzz and can be adjusted any way you want because they are on dual ball sockets. I can see much better than the stock mirrors which only gave me a nice view of my arms. Here are some pics.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 05:00 AM

New Site Garage
Personally I would've gone for CRG arrows or normal round ones.
Not digging the design. But anything is better than OEM I geuss.

Beautiful freedome brutale.
*Bald eagle flies over*

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Gold_Saw View Post
Personally I would've gone for CRG arrows or normal round ones.
Not digging the design. But anything is better than OEM I geuss.

Beautiful freedome brutale.
*Bald eagle flies over*
Those do seem to be the most popular choice.

For me it was a decision between these and Rizoma Reverse Retros. I like the twin ball head on these, and also I hadn't seen them on another Brutale.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 08:51 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyhorse View Post
I just added driven racing Halo bar end mirrors to my Brutale today. Thank you to folks on this forum who posted advice in other threads that helped me figure out what was needed.

I had a heat gun ready as another thread here made me think that the existing bar end weights would be covered in threadlocker, but I did not need to worry as they came out with just a bit of elbow grease.

The Halo mirrors use an expanding sleeve which won't work with the threaded handlebars on the Brutale, but I saw a post on here where someone said Yamaha FZ-07 threaded adapters would fit. The Rizoma MA600 adapters for Yamaha have the correct thread for the handlebars, and are threaded m6x1.5 inside. The screw that came with the mirrors is m6x1.5 but has too large of a barrel (smooth unthreaded part) to fit in the Rizoma adapter. A quick trip to Ace hardware for some new stainless screws got me sorted and the mirrors screwed right in. However, I'm not really happy with how far the Rizoma adapters stick out on the Brutale so I will likely cut them down.

Another quick trip to Ace to pick up a couple of plastic plugs to plug up the old mirror holes and I was set. For those who are wondering, the old mirrors are M10x1.25.

The Halo mirrors are solid and quality (and unfortunately expensive!) They don't move or buzz and can be adjusted any way you want because they are on dual ball sockets. I can see much better than the stock mirrors which only gave me a nice view of my arms. Here are some pics.

Hey mate. The Halo mirrors on your bike looks stunning. I'm thinking of getting them too. I live in germany and will have to pay a premium to have it imported.

Would you tell me what I would need to do a similar setup?

I'm thinking of getting the Rizoma adapter for MV. Do you think the Halo mirror could be installed with the Rizoma adapter?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

As far as I know Rizoma ( or anyone else) doesn't make a M6 threaded adapter for MV, which is why I went with the Rizoma for the Yamaha. As far as a similar setup, I bought the left and right hand Driven Halo mirrors, the Rizoma MA600 adapters, and two stainless M6x1.5 hex screws from the local hardware store. Oh yeah and two plastic Automotive body fastener plugs from the same hardware store which I cut to length to plug the old mirror holes. I will likely cut the Rizoma adapters down at some point. I will likely also either order some screws specifically for mirror blanking (or try to find a top clamp that isn't threaded for the mirror. I wonder if the one from the dragster would fit)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode