Going from 180 to 200 tire - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Hey guys, I managed to get a screw through my rear tire yesterday and going to have to replace it. I can’t seem to locate the stock tire anywhere so I was going to switch to some supercorsas front and rear. Question for you guys...the stock size is 180/55/17. Is there any reason not to go with the 200? The RC and LH models come with the 200 but not sure if the suspension would have been set up for 120/180 specifically.

Appreciate your advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 12:35 PM

If your running the 5.5" wheel then I would say go with a 190/55 if you want a bit bigger of a tire and want to keep your handling (if using Supercorsa's I would assume you actually take corners). The thing you need to really look at, is if the tire you want to swap to, is made for your size wheel.. Dunlop makes their 190/55 to be run on either 6" or 5.5".. a 200 is for sure a 6" wheel type of tire, unless you run the 50 series and that would still make for shit handling.

The supercorsa 200 is for sure a 6" wheel tire, FYI.. run them on my Panigale. and they are pretty damn big!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgun View Post
If your running the 5.5" wheel then I would say go with a 190/55 if you want a bit bigger of a tire and want to keep your handling (if using Supercorsa's I would assume you actually take corners). The thing you need to really look at, is if the tire you want to swap to, is made for your size wheel.. Dunlop makes their 190/55 to be run on either 6" or 5.5".. a 200 is for sure a 6" wheel type of tire, unless you run the 50 series and that would still make for shit handling.

The supercorsa 200 is for sure a 6" wheel tire, FYI.. run them on my Panigale. and they are pretty damn big!
Thanks! I indeed have the 6” rear wheel. I can do the 180/55/17 or the 200/50/17; both the same overall diameter. But I’m worried this will make it feel more understeery.

Maybe I’ll just stick with the 180 to play it safe...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 03:19 PM

if you have a 6" rear, not sure why you don't just go 190/55? the 180/55 supercorsa is really ment for a 5.5" wheel, otherwise you flatten the center contact patch out a bit and typically cup the edge of the tire and it compromises grip a bit (on the street might not ever be noticeable)..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode