New Dragster in the garage - MVAgusta.net
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Dragster in the garage

After months of wanting, I bought a left-over 2017 Dragster. I have about 70 miles on it so far, and my first impression is; Wow!

Coming from a 690 Duke, it's a little intimidating, It's more demanding than the Duke, but the Dragster suspension is light-years ahead of the KTM. After getting to know this bike I think this will be my new 'best bike ever'.

I removed the passenger pegs, and installed a tail-tidy last night. The tail tidy install was fairly uneventful. I had to remove the exhaust to reach the taillight wiring in front of the swing-arm, but it was otherwise a simple operation. It really improves teh look of the bike. I really did not like the batmanesque rear spray-guard.

This AM I'll de-sticker it. Does anybody know if the tank side stickers are removable on the matte-black bikes? They look like they are applied over the paint, unlike the bikes with gloss paint like the RR, etc.

More pics later.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 10:02 AM

New Site Garage
Always scary when you open up your bike for first time.
But you get to learn her

Wise choice on the tail tidy. Looks BETTER, bequase stock place looks cool aswell and the aftermarket makes it look more aggresive.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

First full day of riding... OMG, what an amazing bike. There are turns on the road that I live on that I have been riding for 20 years that I know how fast I feel comfortable with. One in particular is 40MPH. Maybe 41. Today I rolled through at a comfortable speed on the Dragster and looked that the speedo' as I exited the turn.... 43. I've never exited that turn that fast. I think I love this bike.

The other thing I learned today is that this bike is an attention magnet. A guy at a light in a Lexus rolled down his window, "Niiiiice bike!" Customer at Cycle Gear, "What kind of bike is that?" Dude at the gas station, "Damn....., that is a cool bike. Flag man at road work, "That bike is sick."

And I though my KTM was special.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Landavoz View Post
First full day of riding... OMG, what an amazing bike. There are turns on the road that I live on that I have been riding for 20 years that I know how fast I feel comfortable with. One in particular is 40MPH. Maybe 41. Today I rolled through at a comfortable speed on the Dragster and looked that the speedo' as I exited the turn.... 43. I've never exited that turn that fast. I think I love this bike.

The other thing I learned today is that this bike is an attention magnet. A guy at a light in a Lexus rolled down his window, "Niiiiice bike!" Customer at Cycle Gear, "What kind of bike is that?" Dude at the gas station, "Damn....., that is a cool bike. Flag man at road work, "That bike is sick."

And I though my KTM was special.
I have to say I agree, I am one month into my ownership and loving the bike. Handles great, never have I scrubbed new tyres in on the road so quick. I have the QD exhaust fitted with the baffles still installed and even like this it sound so cool.
I do think however it seems to jump over any bumps rather than ride over them. I have not fiddled with the suspension as yet but could also be the short wheelbase.
Kageira likes this.

Dragster 800 2015
F4 RR 2013
F3 675 2012 Full Track Bike
Brutale 1090 RR 2011 - Sold
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 08:29 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Adjust your suspension to your riding style.
cruiser and Mschwechter like this.

Gapalicious 2020 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from Sept. 23-Sept.27, 2020

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 11:09 AM

I would consider setting up the suspension as the most significant mod that should get top billing. Everything else should follow.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 02:59 PM

I will install a new shock on my 18 Brutale 800 RR.

Cannot adjust it to my needs.

Also the spring rate seems to high for me.

We got a lot of twisty roads here with bad asphalt from time to time (Germany).
I also do app 2500 km in the Italian Alps where the Asphalt is terrible

I motori sono come le donne, bisogna saperli toccare nelle parti piu' sensibili.......
__________________________________________________ ___________________
2018 Brutale 800RR
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 03:17 PM

New Site Garage
Send a message via MSN to gotfolk Send a message via Skype™ to gotfolk
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Dragster!!

2015 Yamaha FJ-09
2012 Brutale 1090RR
2005 Yamaha R6 - Sold
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 09:06 AM
King of Carbon

Send a message via Skype™ to DesignCorse
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Landavoz View Post
After months of wanting, I bought a left-over 2017 Dragster. I have about 70 miles on it so far, and my first impression is; Wow!

Coming from a 690 Duke, it's a little intimidating, It's more demanding than the Duke, but the Dragster suspension is light-years ahead of the KTM. After getting to know this bike I think this will be my new 'best bike ever'.

I removed the passenger pegs, and installed a tail-tidy last night. The tail tidy install was fairly uneventful. I had to remove the exhaust to reach the taillight wiring in front of the swing-arm, but it was otherwise a simple operation. It really improves teh look of the bike. I really did not like the batmanesque rear spray-guard.

This AM I'll de-sticker it. Does anybody know if the tank side stickers are removable on the matte-black bikes? They look like they are applied over the paint, unlike the bikes with gloss paint like the RR, etc.

More pics later.
Congrats on the purchase, We love that colour scheme on the Dragster and these shots may give you inspiration by one of our customers.

Enjoy the rider.
Attached Images

Kageira and Claude like this.

Regards

Al

T: +44 (0) 1582 840 024

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 10:32 PM

Damn that's a gorgeous bike.

I still haven't put a tail tidy on my Brutale but I need too so bad. I would love to have a belly pan on mine as well - just like the Dragster. I can't find one anywhere that seems to fit. Does anyone know if it would fit and where I could source a part?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode