B3 r&g engine cover causing heat? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

B3 r&g engine cover causing heat?

Has anyone experienced their bike become hotter after installing R&G engine sliders?

According to their tech guy, when the covers where removed, the temp on the frame dropped by 10degrees.

There’s a substantial amount of heat radiating out of the trellis frame to a point of not being able to ride it. 😞 & they can’t seem to figure out what the issue is. Their answer is “ It’s an MV. They run hot”

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 06:49 PM

I had frame sliders on my Brutale, not R & G they were Puig. I removed them at the advice of tech. that works on my bike. He told the fuel tank was designed to protect the frame in the event of a crash, and that using aftermarket frame sliders could actually cause damage to the frame in a crash. I did remove them and I was hit and while riding and he was correct the fuel tank did protect the frame. The problem is getting a new fuel tank, but there wasn't a scratch on the frame.

Bikes:

2016 MV Agusta Brutale 800 RR
2015 Triumph Street Triple R
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allworld View Post
I had frame sliders on my Brutale, not R & G they were Puig. I removed them at the advice of tech. that works on my bike. He told the fuel tank was designed to protect the frame in the event of a crash, and that using aftermarket frame sliders could actually cause damage to the frame in a crash. I did remove them and I was hit and while riding and he was correct the fuel tank did protect the frame. The problem is getting a new fuel tank, but there wasn't a scratch on the frame.

Thanks for the advise. I wonder if that’s the same issue with the engine covers. Mind if I ask what tech told you this?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode