2018 Dragster RR..got it, and questions - MVAgusta.net
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Red face 2018 Dragster RR..got it, and questions

All,

I closed the trade this morning and rode my new 2018 Dragster Brutale RR home this morning. Italian Superbikes performed brilliantly on the Triumph trade. I got a thorough run through on the bike. Rode it about 50 miles in Houston heat, but low humidity.

She has been named Bettina. Stable mate is my blue Moto Guzzi V7 III Special named Sophia.

Main reaction: just wow. Bike just impresses me: love the auto shift up and down...smooth and nice. Great fit bike for me, no wind blast for a naked. Light and swift and flickable.

Dealer said engine requires minimal run-in. But, I will take it easy with new tires/brake pads as usual. It won't take me long to get them scrubbed.

Looks like a nice owners manual by MV, and USB stick with digital manual too. Nice touch, overall upscale customer package.

Success on transferring my SW Motech tank ring tank bag from the Triumph to MV. It is a great bag, and perfect for carrying water and a few things. That is a win. See pix.

Dealer adjusted clutch just a bit, and now it snicks into N easy. Another win.

Ordered some S100 fuel treatment per dealer recommendation to avoid plastic tank swelling from E10 gasoline.

I will be up early Friday morning for a longer ride out NW to Brenham, TX area and some hills and twists. Can't wait to ride her on a decent road, and not Houston freeway.

Question please: what is approximate range of bike with full tank gas? I know it depends on throttle and RPM, but please give me an idea.

I need to look up how to reset trip odometer after fueling, and figure out the range.

Thanks to all on this forum for patiently answering my questions about this bike. I think it is a gem.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 05:18 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Nice bike..... no idea on your fuel range. Stop at 100 miles and see how much it takes to refill.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 05:28 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Taylor
It's better than my previous bike F3800RC, the Dragster is a Euro4 version and the mileage before the light comes on has increased from the RC at 95/100 to 110 plus.

Resetting the speedo is quite simple, just hold the rubber button down on the left-hand switch until the zero appears. Did the dealer not explain?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 07:20 PM

My light come on between 110 and 120 miles. Still have a gallon left. Time to look for a station when light comes on. I’m averaging 35 mpg over 2,000 miles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Yes dealer explained....and I also read the MV manual, and took notes: looks easy to reset ODO 1.

100 miles it is, thanks for sharing approximate range. The triples are thirsty, and I know riding style makes a huge difference.
By comparison, my Guzzi gets 65 miles/gallon and has a larger tank...makes for a lot of range.

Wow, I am looking forward to tomorrow's ride.

Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly....
2018 MV Agusta 800 Brutale RR-- "Betttina" in Giallo-Nero
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 12:25 AM

Surprising increase in fuel range between sport and normal - if you think you’re getting low switch modes !

Also 5 Italian seconds are about 10 Uk ones

Changing stuff with the buttons can be challenging - feel for buttons under rubber covers with ungloved hands they are not quite in same place as markers !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 05:51 AM

New Site Garage
Just a headsup, and this might only just happened to me.

But when I bought the F3 brand new my fueltank was empty at 160km's(100 miles). yes that's 1 liter for 10km's (0.25 gallons per roughly 6-7 miles)
After first service (1000km/600 miles) It recieved a software update and it could ride on for 240km's (150 miles) on a single tank.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 07:00 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Taylor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Gold_Saw View Post
Just a heads up, and this might only just happened to me.

But when I bought the F3 brand new my fuel tank was empty at 160km's(100 miles). yes that's 1 liter for 10km's (0.25 gallons per roughly 6-7 miles)
After first service (1000km/600 miles) It received a software update and it could ride on for 240km's (150 miles) on a single tank.
Now that is pretty steady riding to achieve that
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Also 5 Italian seconds are about 10 Uk ones

Changing stuff with the buttons can be challenging - feel for buttons under rubber covers with ungloved hands they are not quite in same place as markers !!!

CharLy, good tip, grazie! Took her out this morning and yep fuel light on around 100 miles. Glad to know light works. Filled up and used bare finger, no glove to reset ODO 1. The buttons are a bit elusive. Riding on Normal mode for break in and getting used to bike.

Incredible machine indeed. I am extremely pleased with the low speed handling in city traffic: predictable and easy.
But, when she winds up above 8000 RPM...the engine is: Sei il massimo!

Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly....
2018 MV Agusta 800 Brutale RR-- "Betttina" in Giallo-Nero
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 11:26 AM

New Site Garage
Send a message via MSN to gotfolk Send a message via Skype™ to gotfolk
Congrats!!

There is just something about those Dragster RR's, at some point down the road I will have one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode