2017 B3 800 weird throttle issue - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
2017 B3 800 weird throttle issue

I encountered some weirdness on a long ride with my 2017 B3 800. I was doing around 75mph on the way home and all of a sudden the throttle cut off for a few seconds and then came back on. This happened twice within a couple of minutes and never happened again. I'm not sure if this could have been caused by the gas i put in on my fuel stop. Has anyone else experienced this on the later model B3's?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 08:49 PM

New Site Garage
Yes, it happened to me once, and another time the bike shut off at 80 then came back to life. My issue (I believe) was that I was over filling the fuel tank causing the breather tube to not to function correctly, I only fill to the bottom of the “basket” now and I haven’t had a problem since. Mine was easy to equate to an air lock issue as both times I pulled over and opened the tank and the damn thing was expanded it was sucked in so bad. Not saying this is your problem but I haven’t had issues since I quit filling the tank up all the way.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by philts100 View Post
Yes, it happened to me once, and another time the bike shut off at 80 then came back to life. My issue (I believe) was that I was over filling the fuel tank causing the breather tube to not to function correctly, I only fill to the bottom of the “basket” now and I haven’t had a problem since. Mine was easy to equate to an air lock issue as both times I pulled over and opened the tank and the damn thing was expanded it was sucked in so bad. Not saying this is your problem but I haven’t had issues since I quit filling the tank up all the way.
Hmm..that does remind me that when I got home I could smell a bit of fuel from outside the gas cap. I have only been filling to just right below the basket inside the tank, it was a hot day here in TX so that may have been the issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2018, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
I took it to the dealer and they are saying that the grips I installed caused the throttle assembly to malfunction and it wont be covered under warranty.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2018, 11:14 AM

Hard to believe that your grips would cause this problem. What dealer did you take it to? Suggest you check your tip over switch (make sure it is not floppy or loose) and the side stand switch (disconnect and ride it...be careful that you remember to retract the sidestand while it is disconnected!).
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2018, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
So they ended up plugging it into the computer and tested the throttle assembly and it was functioning perfectly fine. They reset the ECU and did the re-learn on it and told me if it happens again to bring it back in as it might be something else.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 02:59 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by htxbrute View Post
So they ended up plugging it into the computer and tested the throttle assembly and it was functioning perfectly fine. They reset the ECU and did the re-learn on it and told me if it happens again to bring it back in as it might be something else.
Glad it got sorted

2017 Mv Agusta Brutale 800 B3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode