Comparison: 2017 MV Agusta Dragster RC OEM Exhaust & SC Project S1 Ti Slip On - MVAgusta.net
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By M Squared
  • 1 Post By M Squared

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Comparison: 2017 MV Agusta Dragster RC OEM Exhaust & SC Project S1 Ti Slip On

Hey MV’ers,

‘Couldn’t find a comparison between an OEM / stock Dragster 800 exhaust and a SC Project S1 Titanium slip on, I thought some of you might be interested in the following...

While I love the look of the triple-exit exhaust, the SC Project S1 exhaust was chosen because I think it is the stock exhaust on the new 2018 Dragster Reparto Corse… plus, I’m a sucker for conical titanium welds.
>Fit and finish, to me, is superb / couldn’t be better… and I can’t wait for said welds to turn blue.
>Weight (the lack of it) is impressive (see images)… ~7 pounds lighter than stock.
>Installation could not have been easier; 3 bolts and the OEM breadbox is off, 2 bolts (with a couple drops of 242 Blue) and the SC Project S1 is on.
>Sound, as expected, is raucous.
>Fueling, based on seat-of-pants impression, 'seems good so far.

>Image 1: OEM 2017 MV Agusta 800 Dragster Reparto Corse exhaust clocking in at 9 pounds 14.4 ounces / ~4.12 kilograms
>Image 2: SC Project S1 slip-on exhaust tips at a paltry 2 pounds 14.7 ounces / ~1.32 kilograms
>Image 3: OEM 2017 MV Agusta 800 Dragster Reparto Corse exhaust installed
>Image 4: SC Project S1 slip-on exhaust installed; note that unlike some systems / slip-ons, there is plenty of clearance to the rear tire.

(Please note that videos were taken to demonstrate the difference in sound [between the OEM 2017 MV Agusta 800 Dragster Reparto Corse exhaust start-up and the SC Project S1 slip-on exhaust], but MP4’s are not an acceptable format for this forum.)

If additional images would be helpful, just let me know. In the meantime, and as always, ride smart & safe!

M Squared
Attached Images

haupti and haupti like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 10:57 AM
Established Member

That's a good weight savings..The weight difference of the Lithium battery was very noticeable in mine I didn't weigh them but I could feel it when riding being it is up high on the bike. I notice you don't run the passenger pegs and I am wondering if they fit with the sc project exhaust, I keep them on my bike for tying down luggage and I am able to put my feet on them for long rides. They also help protect the bike during crashes, been there done that..lol!

If your phone isn't ringing..it's probably me!...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Updated: SC Project 'Stock' S1 Image on '17 Dragster RC w/ Rear Pegs

Thanks, Masterspin... you raise a good point about the passenger pegs, so instead of slapping mine back on to see if they fit ('tis brutale hot out [pun intended]), I found is a 'stock' image (now attached) from SC Project of the S1 on a 2017 Dragster RC with the rear / pillion passenger pegs in place. If you're considering this exhaust, 'hope this helps... and 'will note that it's hard to believe how perfect the welds are... delish.
Attached Images

Last edited by M Squared; 07-05-2018 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Image did not upload
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 09:10 PM
YJP

Is there a need for any ecu remapping or fuel management for this exhaust?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 10:45 AM

Where did you get that rear stand from? It's beautiful!!

Kag

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Hi YJP,
As noted, based on seat-of-pants impression (and idling since installation), all is good so far.
M Squared
The Following User Says Thank You to M Squared For This Useful Post:
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Hi Kageira,

The rear stand shown is a copy (cast metal) of the Two Brothers S2 Pro rear race stand (milled from billet, ~$250 US, https://www.cycleworld.com/2013/10/1...pro-rear-stand). Unfortunately, I think Two Brothers stopped production of this stand... I could not find one to match my existing Two Brothers stand, hence the purchase of cast copies.

The cast copy (available in black, blue, gold, and red) is on eBay, ~$120 delivered in the U.S. (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-R...QAAOSwSq9ZmH-k).

Please note that model-specific spools are required (in either white or black, ~$60 from JayBeeBikerBits in the U.K., https://www.ebay.com/usr/jaybeebiker...72.m2749.l2754), and that the rear stand's right side 'cradle' needed to be off-set inboard. Stability is nowhere near as good as a Pit Bull stand, but not bad considering the price.

Lastly, what was good for the back, was good for the front... attached is an image of both stands in use.

Yours,
M Squared
Attached Images

Kageira likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to M Squared For This Useful Post:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode