B3 numbing hands? - MVAgusta.net
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

B3 numbing hands?

Hey guys, I have the F3 800 RC and am experiencing serious hand numbness from the vibrations......is the frame and engine setup identical on the B3?
Anyone have both the F3 and B3- any comments on smoothness?

I really like my F3 800 RC but it's gotten to the point where I no longer want to ride it as my hands numb too much and using gel grips and filled clip-ons aren't helping........was considering the B3 as my dealer has them but don't want to have the same experience with the B3. I know the handlebars are very different and might smooth things out a bit- would love to hear feedback from B3 owners.

Any comments?

Cheers guys~

Steve Nunez
Professional Airbrush Artist

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 02:59 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Sometimes it is not the "buzz" of the engine, but rather the angle of the bars and pressure points on your hands and wrists.
You may want to try and find some clip-ons with a different angle, or possibly even adjust the stock (I think you'll have to pull the locating pin out to move them).

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 03:27 PM

A friend had a problem with his hands going numb whilst riding . He ended up having an operation on his ulnar bone.

Brutale 800 Italia
Monster 796 .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 03:29 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Taylor
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveNunez View Post
Hey guys, I have the F3 800 RC and am experiencing serious hand numbness from the vibrations......is the frame and engine setup identical on the B3?
Anyone have both the F3 and B3- any comments on smoothness?

I really like my F3 800 RC but it's gotten to the point where I no longer want to ride it as my hands numb too much and using gel grips and filled clip-ons aren't helping........was considering the B3 as my dealer has them but don't want to have the same experience with the B3. I know the handlebars are very different and might smooth things out a bit- would love to hear feedback from B3 owners.

Any comments?

Cheers guys~
I have just switched from the F3800RC to the Dragster RR, totally different riding experience and it is certainly taking time to get used to.

It feels as though you are sitting on top of the front wheel, there is less strain on your arms/wrists, what is noticeable is the difference in the width of the handlebars and the position of your arms

Because of the large rear tyre you cannot flick the bike around corners and roundabouts like the F3, more pressure has to be applied to the bars

There is obviously more wind resistance, but the more I use it (covered only 1500 miles), the more I am beginning to enjoy it, especially the auto blipper
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 05:04 PM

New Site Garage
Are you wearing a back pack? Have you ridden in the sport bike position before? Just trying to make sure this is due to vibration and not something with your body. There is a condition where the blood flow can be cut off especially when wearing a back pack caused by a rudimentary rib where the chest meets the neck. People don't know they have it until numbness happens and they have an x-ray.

I have the F3 and have ridden the dragster RR. The dragster is a much easier reach. My memory does say it has less vibration for whatever reason.

I agree with Bruce in that the dragster is much harder to turn. Wheels are probably much heavier and the rear is wider. Might make it handle better with a change of tires. They came with Diablo Rosso ii from what I recall.

2014 MV Agusta F3 800 ABS
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thank you guys for the replies- much appreciated.

No backpack riding- just normal Alpinestars jacket.

I'm thinking the angle of the bars is the likely culprit and will look to adjust them......thanks again guys.

Steve Nunez

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 07:18 PM

Hi Steve, as previous guys have mentioned, just checking it's not a physical thing going on. Do you hands go numb only riding the F3?...or do any other activities make them tingly too, leave blowing, chainsawing etc...?..I had carpal tunnel surgery & it sorted out my tingling/numbness once & for all.
For what it's worth, I have only test ridden an F3, so can't really comment on the vibes, but I own & 2015 B3 rr & I have no vibration issues whatsoever, silky smooth across the Rev range.
Hope you get it sorted, cheers Rob
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 05:30 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggy View Post
A friend had a problem with his hands going numb whilst riding . He ended up having an operation on his ulnar bone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveNunez View Post
Thank you guys for the replies- much appreciated.

No backpack riding- just normal Alpinestars jacket.

I'm thinking the angle of the bars is the likely culprit and will look to adjust them......thanks again guys.
It is most likely a riding position thing.

If the numbness/tingling is in your little finger/ring finger and lateral side of your middle finger, then try repositioning your elbows as you ride. The ulnar nerve is involved here. (Think Funny-bone)

If the numbness/tingling is in your thumb/index finger and the medial side of your middle finger, then try repositioning your shoulders. There is a nerve complex in your shoulder joint that is involved here.

Of course if the whole hand is involved then both need to be repositioned.

You will eventually find the position that works for you. Strengthening your core and using those muscles will help take weight of of your wrists and allow you to find that optimum position. Adjusting what can be adjusted in the handlebars and seating position will also help.

As a F.O.G. (Fat Old Guy) this plagues me on occasion and I simply move the appropriate joint a bit to relieve the condition.

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

You guys are just too kind- thanks for all the replies.
The numbness occurs only during riding and usually after about 25 minutes or so. It goes away rather quickly while at rest but it quickly surfaces when riding resumes.

I've had TT Motorsports in Pompano Beach FL setup the suspension for me last night and according to the roadracer there (Tony) he said the bike was considerably off (suspension settings wise.)
I've replaced the tires with Q3+ (which he agrees are a good choice) and I've yet to ride it and see if the suspension and tire choice makes any difference....I'm eagerly awaiting the next ride to experience the change.

Thanks again guys.......it looks like I'm going to be stuck with the bike for awhile as it's near new and I doubt I'd get any reasonable offers on it- so looks like I'll have it awhile (not that I'm complaining.)

Enjoy your bikes guys- have fun!

Steve Nunez

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-13-2018, 10:23 AM

New Site Garage
I have noticed that if you put the bike in Rain mode it runs smoother. I found this out by accident sort of. I took a long ride to Pensacola from 6-7 hours away and it was initially drizzling so I put it in rain mode and few times and it took some of the vibrations out of the engine. You are in Florida and I've also noticed my bike vibrates more when it is hot. Must be related to engine timing and power output. Give the Rain mode a try and if that makes it less buzzy you can maybe do a custom mode with reduced power modes. I don't know about the buzz in reduced engine power settings but Rain mode definitely lessens the buzz.

2014 MV Agusta F3 800 ABS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode