My review of the 2018 Dragster RC - MVAgusta.net
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 01:28 AM Thread Starter

My review of the 2018 Dragster RC

Having put 1000 miles on the bike in 2 weeks, ide like to review it.

Brief background. I have only been riding for 2 years and change. But adding the RC is motorcycle number 8 between my gf and I in our fleet. I race wheel 2 wheel with CVMA in Southern California. Current stable for reference of my review consists of: *race bikes* 2012 s1000rr 2014 ninja300 2016 ninja300 *street bikes* 2017 fz09 2017 f800gsa 2017 f700gs 2018 g310r

Online research of these bikes is slim, so hoping this will help a future owner. Keep in mind my RC is nothing more than an RR besides an expensive paint job and rarity.

First and foremost the dragster has an extremely fast and linear power band. Throttle control is absolutely amazing with no sudden jerks or anything. The quickshifter software is better than any bike I have ever ridden. Including aprilia and 2017 dragster rr. The 2018 header has a throttle actuated exhaust valve. The bike sounds terrible at idle, amazingly quiet on the freeway, and sounds glorious near WOT.

Front brakes are very good, rear brake is useless besides trail braking into a corner. It is very weak. I am still working on suspension tuning daily to find a good commuting setting. I have learned so far that the rear shock oem preload is not adequate (i am 170 pounds full leathers). The ziptie I placed on each shock shaft bottoms out on the the stiffest compression setting. Front shock rebound is terrible but rear shock rebound is quick. The oem steering stabilizer is actually perfect in its stiffest setting.

However, i feel very confident during entry, mid corner, and exit with the suspension. The suspension works well on smooth(ish) roads. The above paragraph mainly focuses on shitty california highways.

The bike is heavy to lean over, mostly due to the 200 rear tire, but experienced track guys will appreciate the raw feel of using body mass to pitch the bike on itís side. Switch backs still feel quick with swift body change and a decent bar push. I think the short wheelbase helps with the 200 tire.

Riding position feels as though a naked upright and a superbike had a baby, it is in between a full upright and a croutched superbike.

The seat is absolutely terrible. Probably the hardest seat I have ever sat on.

I absolutely fucking love this bike, it is a raw, fast, incredible bike and I enjoy it every day. It is far from perfect in stock form. Iím actually blown away it come with a Saches rear shock and not an Ohlins (but an Ohlin will be going on soon)

I imagine the Brutale is a more comfortable dragster. From my 2 weeks of MV Agusta ownership, the MV owners who I have met have many bikes in their fleet. My recommendations are if you have a comfy upright bike already, get a dragster. If you dont, get a brutale. The bike is fucking awesome. And you are already dropping damn near 20 grand on the bike, so the extra $1400 for 6 year unlimited mile warranty is a big plus. Lurking this forum there are crazy mixed reviews on reliability, but, the people I have met personally have great success with Mv as a company. Cheers and ride safe, and if you feel the need to do dumb shit, go to the racetrack!

I will post a track review once my exhaust comes in. I sold the sc exhaust and ordered a silmotor.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 08:03 AM

Thanks for the review. My RC was delivered Tuesday night, it it has been snowing in Chicago ever since. Canít wait for my first ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 08:11 AM

New Site Garage
Like the write up and the pics, especially the last one. Thanks for posting.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 10:02 AM

Beautiful bike. Wish I could afford to add one to the stable.
Looks stunning, still not sold on the red wheels but sure it looks better in the flesh.

Dragster 800 2015
F4 RR 2013
Brutale 1090 RR 2011 - Sold
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 09:12 PM

New Site Garage
Thanks...been considering a 2018 Dragster RR here in Houston...nice to see a rider review.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2018, 08:02 PM

New Site Garage
Send a message via MSN to gotfolk Send a message via Skype™ to gotfolk
Great review

2015 Yamaha FJ-09
2012 Brutale 1090RR
2005 Yamaha R6 - Sold
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 06:23 AM

Great review, great photos. Enjoy the bike, they are truly unique.

Toronto, Canada
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 03:26 AM

hello,
yeh, there are a few 800 RC for sale.....I bought this group.......
ok, was a joke but i like to get one
pricing is high .......
kind regards
peter
Attached Images

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 02:35 AM

My review of the 2018 Dragster RC

Did your exhaust system ever come in? I finally got out on a ride the other night, only got 50 miles in, the bike is LOUD! I canít wait to get to 600 miles to release this beast. Back to snow today, so break in is on hold again

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

No ?. You have the silmotor on yours?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mschwechter View Post
Did your exhaust system ever come in? I finally got out on a ride the other night, only got 50 miles in, the bike is LOUD! I canít wait to get to 600 miles to release this beast. Back to snow today, so break in is on hold again

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode