Dragster in the Man Cave - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By Capo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Dragster in the Man Cave

Thanks to all who helped me feel comfortable with a long range purchase my 2015 Dragster. It has arrived and in a week I have gotten a little over 500 miles on it. This was a new left over so I had to do the break in. I can tell you the most difficult thing I have done in many years was trying to keep it under 6K rpm for the first 300 miles. Just when it starts to get a little interesting you have to shift. My ride yesterday solved that problem and now I can go to a 9K limit. Still lots to go but what an amazing power plant I am very happy. The rear suspension had zero static unladen sag and only about 1/4 inch with me on it. Rode like a pogo stick. I took out about a full turn on the adjuster and now have almost an inch of laden sag. Rode much better. I was surprised to find that the compression and rebound are set half a turn from full soft. Not much adjustment for either. I will have to ride it some more before I decide what to do. Cogent Dynamics is my go to for suspension so I may have to take it there.

I love the bike and find it so small. I am a little over 6 feet and it is about the lowest seat height I have owned. I had been disappointment in my 2000 F4S both for how heavy it was and how anemic the lower end of the power band was. At 4K rpm it would actually slow down when you opened the throttle. This bike can pull cleanly from about 2,500 rpm and with authority from 4K. Nothing like what happens at 6K and above but for in town traffic it is very manageable. I was pleased to see MV provided a wire under the seat to attach the adapter to allow a battery tender hook up with out having to remove the tank. My only modification so far is removing the passenger pegs and installing a Givi tank bag ring. I need to figure out which hose is which on that ugly canister on the left side of the motor and a license plate relocation kit. Too busy riding to really get into it yet. I need to get busy and take some photos too.

Jim
Attached Images

PaulJCarr65! and PaulJCarr65! like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 09:50 PM

Congrats, i love it. might have to upgrade to the same.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

You will not regret it. I have instantly bonded with this bike. Some take many rides but not this one. When my wallet recovers from the trama of purchase I will start to add a few more things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I am working on a tail tidie of my own design. Read that as inexpensive. At any rate removing the shovel from the swing arm I have found the rear axle pinch bolts are now too long by 30 mm. Has anyone in the US had success ordering some of the 50 mm long ones for another 3 cylinder from MV? I know in the past it has been difficult to get good parts support from them. But with the new management I was hoping it would be better. Am I deluding myself?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo View Post
I am working on a tail tidie of my own design. Read that as inexpensive. At any rate removing the shovel from the swing arm I have found the rear axle pinch bolts are now too long by 30 mm. Has anyone in the US had success ordering some of the 50 mm long ones for another 3 cylinder from MV? I know in the past it has been difficult to get good parts support from them. But with the new management I was hoping it would be better. Am I deluding myself?
You can always cut a piece of metal tubing to length to use as a spacer till you get the shorter pinch bolts as I did. Make sure to retighten to the correct torque too.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 08:59 AM

New Site Garage
They're not an MV specific bolt, they're just metric man.
I know you can buy metric bolts and capscrews in the USA, what even makes you think they're 3-cylinder bike specific.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Last edited by Donsy; 04-23-2017 at 09:02 AM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Azza I did just what you suggested and bought some steel tubing and used the stock bolts. Dowsy I looked for metric bolts and just did not find what I wanted. They were only $18 at the MV shop and it took less than two weeks for them to come in. They are hollow which I think is cool. I realize the difference in weight is negligible but I just liked it to look right. Bolts that size were not much less on the internet anyway so I am glad to have them and support my local dealership at the same time. Now the $400 the charged me for the first service was quite a shock but they did check a lot of stuff so I will let it go and move on. Jim
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I have been considering after market rear sets for my Dragster. I am a little over 6 feet and would like a little more leg room. All the rear sets I have found are really for the F3. They would fit but I doubt they would move the pegs in the direction I would like. Anyone have experience in lowing the foot pegs?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode