2016 Brutale 800RR--Demo - MVAgusta.net
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 07:35 AM Thread Starter

2016 Brutale 800RR--Demo

I am on the precipice of picking up a 2016 Brutale 800RR that is a demo bike. It's reduced by $2,500 and has about 590 miles on it so I have a few questions that I'd like to pose:

1.). Does the discount seem reasonable for a used demo bike with that mileage? (His 2017's just arrived)
2.) Would you strongly consider just doing the 2017 model in the non-RR version for the same price?
3.) Some bikes pretty much have expected upgrades that need to be done for them to be "right" . Are there upgrades to this bike that are so strongly suggested that it would be a disservice to not do them? ( For example my Ducati SF needed grippy foot pegs so badly it was almost unsafe to ride the canyons without changing them out)

Just trying to do my due diligence here before going any further. Thanks in advance.

*****Lastly, the dealer said he would perform the 600 mile service on the bike before I drive off the lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 10:49 AM

I have a 2016 800 RR and love it.........
I don't know if the $2500 is a good value or not, but if the dealer has a 2017 model with 0 miles for the same price that is what I would buy.
I know for me, the non RR would not leave me wanting for more. The 2017 non RR vs the 2016 RR there are some differences.
The 2017 has a slightly longer wheel base which, if you believe the reviews, improves the handling. The reduced power between the 2, would not effect me. Around here they put you in jail for anything above 125MPH

Bikes:

2016 MV Agusta Brutale 800 RR
2015 Triumph Street Triple R
The Following User Says Thank You to Allworld For This Useful Post:
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Anyone else have any input on the $2,500 concession on a 2016 demo Brutale rr and what direction they might go if given the choice between that and a brand new Non-RR version in 2017 model?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 05:30 AM

New Site Garage
2016 Brutale 800RR--Demo

I would 100% go for the newer model. There is a lot of improvement over the previous B3800. (Even tho the previous model is an RR)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fairbanks and Fairbanks like this.

Cheers, Simon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Brutale 990R LE - Number 121/500
Brutale 910R

New Zealand MV Owners Group: For more info, go to the NZMV our website
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to join our mailing list & find us on Facebook.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 07:06 AM Thread Starter

Really, because I thought the changes were actually a longer wheelbase and less HP with a larger torque curve.

Thanks for the input, if you have something specific that holds the value for the 2017 I'd like to know what it is. I might be missing something and shelling out this kind of cash I can't afford to regret my decision.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairbanks View Post
Really, because I thought the changes were actually a longer wheelbase and less HP with a larger torque curve.

Thanks for the input, if you have something specific that holds the value for the 2017 I'd like to know what it is. I might be missing something and shelling out this kind of cash I can't afford to regret my decision.
Regardless of what you choose, you shouldn't regret your decision; you will enjoy what you own too much to care about 'what ifs'

Test ride them both and see which one you like, then go for that one
greminn and greminn like this.

Kag

post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 08:39 PM
Established Member

As for my two cents worth..I would go for the 2017 model. even though it has slightly less H.P. it still has plenty enough to rattle your nerves...The 2017 model has a upgraded starter so the sprag issue should be a "non concern" also, having a more comfortable ride with the upgraded chassis is worth a lot, I have been trucking on a dragster rr for over 6,000 miles and it's pretty rough although,the looks and the sound of the engine makes up for some discomfort it is a very fun motorcycle... There are also a lot of times that I wish I was on a tourismo... so, what ever you buy, theres allways another motorcycle that has different features, some better..some worse..you have to find a happy medium or buy two motorcycles...
Fairbanks and Fairbanks like this.

If your phone isn't ringing..it's probably me!...
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 08:42 PM

I would buy the 2016 RR over the 2017 because Euro 4 sux is too restrictive, buy the 2016 and put $2500 towards for mods, and the 16 bike is ready to go no need for running in period as testers done it for you, and the first service would of been been done. saves more $$.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 01:45 AM
Established Member

I would grab an RR if I had that opportunity and like mentioned, $2500 extra spending cash on mods or diapers for the kids :-)

2014 Brutale 800
eas, non-abs
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 06:49 PM
Established Member

I'm in the same boat, pickup a uses 16 vs new 17. My only concern about the demo bike would be the warranty period. How much does it have left?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode