Euro 4 Dragster RR - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 03:05 AM Thread Starter

Euro 4 Dragster RR

Hi Guys,

I posted this in the new members forum but i need some advice from some of the Brutale experts.

Im in the market for a Dragster 800 RR and I'm wondering if i should wait for the new Euro 4 bike to come out. There is this below link but I'm not sure if it applies to the Dragster. It seems like there are some internal improvements that may help with reliability.

Does anyone have an opinion on whether i should wait for the new bike or just commit now?

Thanks!!!

MV Agusta reveal 2017 Brutale 800 RR at EICMA | MCNews.com.au
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 04:06 AM
Established Member

Hi there,

I think it depends on how long you want to wait. If you are buying new then you would be covered by warranty whichever way you want to go.

Personally I would only wait if you wanted one of the new colours, for example the red/black 800RR. I have an MY16, and even though I have only put a few km on it I am very happy. The bike definitely has character.

Graham
00 Red/Grey Hayabusa
10 BMW K1300GT
16 Dragster 800RR
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 01:52 PM

New Site Garage
what plans you have, if you take cat off and tune why buy 4?
it is a bit more expensive here
Dragster 800 EAS ABS III 16.389
Dragster RR EAS ABS III 19.599
Dragster RR EAS ABS IV 21.299
Dragster RR RC III 22.489
Dragster RR Lewis Hamilton III 28.543

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 02:36 PM

I'd probably wait and buy the Euro IV. It's a little quieter, from what I've read, especially with the rattling noise compared to the older models. It's down on power but up on low-end and mid-range torque.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Apparenty its the same power and electronic system is the same. The only differences seem to be some updates to the engine internals so im not sure if its worth waiting for as it is also more expensive.

Will most likely be going for the black/red
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 07:28 PM

I am almost sure the 17 has hydraulic clutch, LED day light, and the new chassis/frame (longer wheel base). It may be down on power but it would still move right along.......
I have the 16 and I have absolutely no complaints. If you can get an actual date that the bike would be available then you decision would be a little less iffy.

Bikes:

2016 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso
2015 Triumph Street Triple R
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allworld View Post
I am almost sure the 17 has hydraulic clutch, LED day light, and the new chassis/frame (longer wheel base). It may be down on power but it would still move right along.......
I have the 16 and I have absolutely no complaints. If you can get an actual date that the bike would be available then you decision would be a little less iffy.
Hey man, apparenty those changes apply to the Brutale 800 and not the Dragster. Only change to the dragster would be the internals to make it Euro 4 compliant. I'm going to test one this week, cant wait!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 02:45 AM

New Site Garage
Yep some bikes have lots of new toys going euro 4 but the dragster sees very little other than bigger exhaust and quieter engine internals. I'm quite sure they've gone hydraulic clutch too.

I had one of the very first MY15 dragster rr's and put just under 10,000 hard miles with no engine issues. Never had a sprag or battery problem either but I left on trickle charger alot and was on it every week
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacy View Post
Hey man, apparenty those changes apply to the Brutale 800 and not the Dragster. Only change to the dragster would be the internals to make it Euro 4 compliant. I'm going to test one this week, cant wait!
Your right, my bad.

Bikes:

2016 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso
2015 Triumph Street Triple R
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 12:08 PM
Ebz

Hope this helps. I got it from the dealer before I bought my bike. Waiting on a Black / yellow now.
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode