mirror adjustment - MVAgusta.net
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

mirror adjustment

Hi,
Im a new owner of a dragster RR and I am having an issue with the rear vision mirrors.
I am 1750mm in height so not unusually tall but both my mirrors are at the max adjustment in order to see cars behind me.
And the other odd thing is the right mirror I still have to duck my head in order to see whats behind me.
I have spoken to my dealer twice and had a look. There isnt a way to adjust on the Dragster other then moving the mirror by hand. The bars can not rotate.
I think its odd that the left mirror is able to see traffic but not the right, and that it needs to be at its max seems odd. Ive never owned anything that needed to be at its max to see traffic.
I dont think my position is unusal, the RR is pretty tight so you are stuck in the position it demands most of the time.

I am wondering if anyone else has this issue. I cant find anything here about it?

Is there someone in Sydney that might like to hook up for a coffee so I could check out if its just the way it is, or if I have dud bars?
Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 05:18 PM

I have similar problem at 183cm. Looks a bit dicky but u can tip them up a little that seams to help get me the angle I need. Can't help locationally less u want to fly to Brisbane..
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozdog View Post
Hi,
Im a new owner of a dragster RR and I am having an issue with the rear vision mirrors.
I am 1750mm in height so not unusually tall but both my mirrors are at the max adjustment in order to see cars behind me.
And the other odd thing is the right mirror I still have to duck my head in order to see whats behind me.
I have spoken to my dealer twice and had a look. There isnt a way to adjust on the Dragster other then moving the mirror by hand. The bars can not rotate.
I think its odd that the left mirror is able to see traffic but not the right, and that it needs to be at its max seems odd. Ive never owned anything that needed to be at its max to see traffic.
I dont think my position is unusal, the RR is pretty tight so you are stuck in the position it demands most of the time.

I am wondering if anyone else has this issue. I cant find anything here about it?

Is there someone in Sydney that might like to hook up for a coffee so I could check out if its just the way it is, or if I have dud bars?
Thanks in advance
Sorry to say this but that is how they made it. The bar ends on the dragster have a groove running down the middle of it that the mirror attaches on. Great idea but poorly designed because that bar end thing needs to screw onto the handlebar. Well the left side tightens to one point and the right side tightens to another point which are off from each other. That translates into the mirrors being slightly off.

I have the exact same issue. I don't even use the mirrors anymore because they don't hold position and I'm not about to tighten my mirrors before and after each ride. It was the first of many issues I found with the quality of the Dragster.

Atom
Brutale Dragster RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom View Post
It was the first of many issues I found with the quality of the Dragster.
What other issues have you had with the bike? I'm just about to pull the trigger on buying one....
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 01:21 PM
Established Member

I wouldn't be afraid of buying the dragster rr. I have put 5,000 miles on mine in 4 months..I did have to get the starter sprag replaced under warranty and it became a far better motorcycle because, I didn't have to be afraid of shutting the engine off anymore on quick runs to the store or stops on longer rides, it was frustrating wondering if it was going to start and there allways seemed to be a lot of people around when it wouldn't. now, I get on it and go all over the place without fear. I have not had any issues with the mirrors except I have to remove them to get the bike into my house for storage and put them back on when I want to go on a ride..it wont fit through the door with the mirrors on...I do seem to have some trouble seeing cars on my right side and almost pulled out in front of them a couple of times..not good! but now I'm more carefull about swapping lanes..

If your phone isn't ringing..it's probably me!...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozdog View Post
Hi,

Thanks in advance
Just put some aftermarket mirrors on Rizoma/Oberon or the like as others have done, which work much better and in my opinion look way better than the stock mirrors. Also the added bonus of slimming down the width of the handle bars for ease of lane splitting.
Fairbanks and Fairbanks like this.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 12:51 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, I just saw a picture of this in another post. I think its the way to go. especially since the left mirror has now lost its tension and folds in with a bit of acceleration. Its not the only bike I have had that has had rear vision mirror issues so I am not to upset about it.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 02:29 AM Thread Starter

I had a mail from splatterchops which he/ she wanted to post but had some trouble. here it is....
I saw your post and signed up just now but cant seem to reply on the forum yet.

I've just picked up my Dragster RR and had the exact same issue with the right side mirror.

I noticed the back of the mirror hits the mount preventing it from tilting up any further and have an easy fix.

Step 1
Undo the x2 screws holding the lever guard in place exposing the mirror attaching screw.

Step 2
Undo the mirror attaching screw and remove the mirror.

Step 3
You need a small spacer to lift the mirror slightly. I used a tiny spring washer. While mirror is off tighten the x3 phillips screws on the pivot if your mirror is loose.

Step 4
Do it all back up.

Step 5
Burn Rubber

Hope this helps, Good luck mate!

Hope this reads ok done in a rush on my phone.

Regards, Splatterchops
The Following User Says Thank You to lozdog For This Useful Post:
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 02:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azza View Post
Just put some aftermarket mirrors on Rizoma/Oberon or the like as others have done, which work much better and in my opinion look way better than the stock mirrors. Also the added bonus of slimming down the width of the handle bars for ease of lane splitting.
do you have model numbers for what you have used?
thanks
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 06:34 AM

Thanks Lozdog, finally worked out this posting thing I hope.

It's a simple fix but heres a pic anyway. Just drop the washer in, adjusting the mirror first before doing it back up also helps.
Attached Images

Donsy and Donsy like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode