Think I want a dragster... - MVAgusta.net
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

Think I want a dragster...

Fellas, new to the forum, thanks for having me.
Am looking for a new bike and hoping to get some opinions before dropping a heap of cash. Initially I was looking at f3 800 but I think the dragster will suit my style (and commute) much better. Question is, which one?
Disclaimer, I'm kinda vain in that I like the latest and greatest, top of the line type things, that being said I don't like the spoked wheels at all on the rr, and not keen to pay for top of the range and then put new wheels on it if they annoy me that much.
While I would like the extra horses and bells and whistles I've read around here that the extra power is at higher revs and wouldn't make much of a difference to commute/weekend rides.
Wondering if anyone who has maybe owned both, or ridden both be able to weigh in, and if u were to buy one again what would it be?

Thanks a lot

Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 02:56 AM

New Site Garage
Smile

Have you thought about the Brutale 800 at all ?
Welcome.
Attached Images

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 04:24 AM

Hi!
I don't know what the difference in cost is on the 800 Dragster and the RR at your place.
In Norway, the difference in cost, is not that bad, considering the wheels and the electronics on the RR.
The extra cost is the Kineo wheels, and quickshifter up/down and some injection stuff.
But as Donsy say, check out the Brutale RR if you don't like the wheels on the Dragster RR

I'm very fond of the Dragster RR wheels, they look stunning on the bike when its parked, and looks great when you riding fast at the track Its a eye-catching bike
Fairbanks and Fairbanks like this.

15' Dragster RR
97' Triumph Speed Triple T509

08' Alfa Romeo 159 Q4
94' Lancia Delta Integrale EVOII Bianco Perlato
92' Lancia Delta Integrale EVOI 8v
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 04:45 AM Thread Starter

Hadn't really thought of the brutale, it doesn't grab my attention like some of the other models, I'll have another gander though

I'm in Australia, difference is about 3-4k I think, I get the appeal of the wheels, just not my flavour. And spoked wheels are a pain to clean.

Cheers

Red
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 08:01 AM

New Site Garage
You'll use the top end with a Brutale or a dragster on the weekend rides. You'll also like the top end of the dragster or Brutale during the weekend rides. You'll probably regret not getting the RR during those weekend rides. That reverberation is something awesome when you get to the 10k plus rpms.

Spoked wheels are somewhat of a bitch to clean, granted. However I've gotten somewhat proficient. Old tooth brush, microfiber cloth and maybe an hour of work and both wheels are spic and span. And unless you get the white ones, you won't need to do them all the time.

As a side note, evolutionbike.it has some carbon fiber rims I've been eyeing.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 01:56 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theredone View Post
I'm kinda vain in that I like the latest and greatest, top of the line type things...
You need this:
http://www.mvagusta.com/en-us/motorcycles/dragster-lh/

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

thanks italia, like i need any more encouragement

thanks Rognin, my main concern is in fact regretting my purchase if i dont get the RR
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 05:18 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theredone View Post
my main concern is in fact regretting my purchase if i dont get the RR
I rarely regret ponying up to get exactly what I want.

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 09:51 PM
Established Member

I held out and got the dragster RR. ego, and the wire wheels look different..after the fact: I don't need or have the riding skills to use the extra H.P. I do enjoy knowing it is there and it makes me happy, although I have not even come close to tapping this thing out. I don't need any tickets and I don't have any need to go 150 m.p.h. anymore..I do like the way the engine sounds and that is part of the appeal. if I had to do it all over again I might have been happy with the regular dragster, I would still get the "thumbs up" and the "rubber necking gawkers" would still be checking it out at the stop lights and parking lots. nobody would know the difference but me..BOTTOM LINE: one main reason I held out for the RR is because I think the resale value will be a lot stronger when it is time for a change, it was a "business decision"

If your phone isn't ringing..it's probably me!...
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 10:54 PM

We own both the Dragster RR and a Brutale 800. Keeping the wheels clean on the Dragster in not an issue at all; 10 min every other ride and it is all good. When it comes to the engine, the Brutale 800 feels much faster overall than the Dragster. You have to really get to the top of the rpm before you feel the power on the Dragster RR. Both bikes are my wife's but if I had to pick one for "fun" to ride, I would go with the Brutale 800; in your case the Dragster 800...my two cents

Toronto, Canada

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode