Changing Handlebars - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Changing Handlebars

I just traded my Ducati and got the brutale 800. I want to change to the Rizoma bars like I had on my previous bike. I noticed when trying to remove the switch blocks there is some blue stuff on the bolts of the throttle. I am not certain how to remove it. Anyone have ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 10:45 PM

New Site Garage
Welcome to the forum.
Do you mean the loc-tite on the screws ? Just brush it off with a thin wire brush maybe ?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
The Following User Says Thank You to Donsy For This Useful Post:
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. Just figured it out. Its a torx bit. I wasnt sure why there would be locktite on the outside of the bolt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2016, 02:03 AM

New Site Garage
Sorry, you weren't very clear in your question.
Yes there are Torx bolts and screws all over the MV's, and the blue/yellow/red on the outside of the screws are just a paint marker, sometimes used to confirm that screws or bolts have been done up correctly at final assemble, and some times as an indicator that a screw/bolt have come undone.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2016, 03:23 AM Thread Starter

So this is my first electronic throttle. After taking it apart I had a heck of a time getting the throttle back together. Is there an easy way to do it that i over looked? I struggled getting the spring back in the proper place in the housing. Sorry if these questions seem dumb. I did a lot of upgrades on my Ducati and I don't remember running into problems like this. The MV seems so much more difficult to work on.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 07:58 PM
RVJ

Hi northcountydds, congrats on the new B3800. I've had mine about 10 months and am still in the 'Honeymoon phase' at 10,000 KM.

Thanks for your post, I am also very interested in hearing more on this topic - I might hi-jack your thread

I also prefer the bars on the older Monster and Speed Triple bikes - a bit less angle makes for more a comfortable ride and I feel more stable in the corners. The OEM bars also bring me too close to the tank and I'm always needing to slide back/reposition myself. The Dragster bars are awesome, but would cost a fortune to fit...

I've searched this forum and found that several people have successfully swapped out their bars, (with varying degrees of difficulty and success) but most of the info is related to the older or B4 models of Brutale - without the Ride-By-Wire setup.

Aside from any fitment challenges, I'm keen to hear what bar (model #) you used, and if you have any comments or observations about the riding position as a result of the change? e.g. Does the position of the new bar put too much weight forward on the B3, or does it feel OK? I'm concerned that the B3 already front focussed?

Bars that I'm potenially looking to use to swap out with are;

Triumph Speed Triple: model # T2041065
Rizoma: model # MA011 (is this what you used?)
Renthal: model # 758

Sorry that I can't provide any help with your questions, I haven't done this myself yet, and I haven't seen a lot of detail regarding the swap out on the B3 800's. If anyone else out there has done a handlebar swap on the B3, any info would be appreciated.

Cheers!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

I swapped my stock bars out with the Rizoma MA011 bars. The do give you a more aggressive riding position. But that is what I was going for. I wanted a little more of a sporty riding position. They were pretty easy to swap out. The ride by wire throttle was the only tricky part. The key was to not fully disassemble the throttle. I just loosened it enough that I could slide it off the stock handlebar. My only complaint is the switch blocks are really close to the tank in full turn. They don't hit the tank but they are very close. I would like to use the rizoma risers but my bike is the RR and it has steering damper. I will try to upload some pics when I get home.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 09:24 PM
RVJ

Cool. Thanks! I have the RR too, so the steering damper was a consideration. Glad to hear they don't hit the tank - I'll go for the same Rizoma bar and avoid the disappointment. So - there are no instrument control holes required to be drilled? (as required on the older Brutale's?) On a slightly less critical topic - did you go for silver? Is it good match for the MV triple clamps? If not, I'll score the black. Thanks again for the info!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 07:13 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
the blue/yellow/red on the outside of the screws are just a paint marker, sometimes used to confirm that screws or bolts have been done up correctly at final assemble, and some times as an indicator that a screw/bolt have come undone.
Dons; the blue on the twist-grip housing on my TV is more than a marker or Loctite type thing and is probably what the OP is seeing. The heads of the screws are filled in, I guess it's an anti tamper thing so that dealers can tell if you've had it apart. Will take a photo in the morning.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 07:54 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
Dons; the blue on the twist-grip housing on my TV is more than a marker or Loctite type thing and is probably what the OP is seeing. The heads of the screws are filled in, I guess it's an anti tamper thing so that dealers can tell if you've had it apart. Will take a photo in the morning.
I know Chas, that's what I implied in the last paragraph.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode