Dragster use - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Dragster use

Hi,
Motorcycle riding for me is both a hobbie and a practical form of transport. I am based in Sydney so I do need to deal with traffic conditions but I love to tour and do the odd track day. Currently I have an old Guzzi (Lario) for the practical runs to work and borrow dads Ducati 748 SP for the fun stuff. Its time to move on from the old Guzzi so I am looking for something fun, pretty to look at but also something that is able to be ridden in traffic if the wife has the car and I need to get to work that day.
I guess my question is basically, How does the Dragster go in traffic?
I am going to test ride a Dragster 800 in the coming days but would appreciate any story's of touring, traffic and track day experiences people might have had.
Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 01:49 AM

New Site Garage
Brutale 800 or F3 would be my choice.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 02:39 AM

I recently picked up a dragster rr and am based in Sydney as well. I have found the dragster is fine in town but not perfect. I find the throttle very low down is not as smooth as the likes of KTM 1290 Super duke but is also not a problem, you just have to adjust and get use to it.

The dragster loves to rev and is temping to rev it through 6-8k rpm to hear the music it produces which can be a little dangerous for your licence. I do understand the latest brutale 800 is much smoother low down and maybe a more relaxed ride through town. Haven't done a track day on it and only done day trips. I am fine for a 400km day on it.

Enjoy your test ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozdog View Post
Hi,
Motorcycle riding for me is both a hobbie and a practical form of transport. I am based in Sydney so I do need to deal with traffic conditions but I love to tour and do the odd track day. Currently I have an old Guzzi (Lario) for the practical runs to work and borrow dads Ducati 748 SP for the fun stuff. Its time to move on from the old Guzzi so I am looking for something fun, pretty to look at but also something that is able to be ridden in traffic if the wife has the car and I need to get to work that day.
I guess my question is basically, How does the Dragster go in traffic?
I am going to test ride a Dragster 800 in the coming days but would appreciate any story's of touring, traffic and track day experiences people might have had.
Thanks in advance
Hey Lozdog!

I'm the happy owner of a Dragster RR and I live in Sydney. I have to say that line splitting is painful with the side mirrors. I ended up riding with mine tucked all the time (which is annoying sometime).

Other than that it's a great bike, I went for few rides around Sydney, one or two up the old pacific Hway. The only other annoying thing is the milage, you need to be very careful. At first I was doing 140Kms with the full tank, now it's close to 160-170kms but still... sometime outside Sydney is tricky :P

I have 2,500 kms on the bike and didn't have any issues. I know that few guys in Sydney are having lots of problems and the after sales are not great neither...

See you around
Maxime
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 05:04 AM

She's fine for traffic (Of course with mirrors tucked in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4zNDyuc18w

I have tons of filtering/lane splitting footage at home, if you want me to upload.

The bike is very practical for me; power of a sports bike, nimbleness of a scooter

Kag

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 09:37 AM
CHD

New Site Garage
for traffic and commuting go the 2016 Brutale...the dragster mirrors require you to have a wide load sticker on your fender.
i do love my dragster though ....occasional commute but mainly for fun.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 12:41 PM

I'm in California and use the bike as my only means of transportation. I survived El Nino and commute daily which I love this bike for. No issues with traffic what so ever. The bike has been over several 400+ miles adventures.

Atom
Brutale Dragster RR
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 07:26 PM
Established Member

My personal opinion, I would like my dragster to have a larger radiator. I think it runs a little on the warm side when I get into traffic and stop lights. summer here in modesto ca. is 95-106 degrees on average.. it is very hot sitting at the stop lights, I can feel it, and the engine gets a little sluggish..gauge gets over the half mark and stays until I get to highway speeds.

If your phone isn't ringing..it's probably me!...
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

geez Kag, thats some tight riding, couldnt take my eyes off it. But be careful!

thanks for all the feedback everyone. Sounds like its quite manageable in traffic, but with the style comes the cost of some practicality loss. They are amazing to look at. keen to have a run on the demo. Ill let you know how it goes
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozdog View Post
geez Kag, thats some tight riding, couldnt take my eyes off it. But be careful!

thanks for all the feedback everyone. Sounds like its quite manageable in traffic, but with the style comes the cost of some practicality loss. They are amazing to look at. keen to have a run on the demo. Ill let you know how it goes
lol the bike is so much fun to ride, even through traffic. I'm always careful

Kag

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode