08 910r to dragster? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 01:24 AM Thread Starter

08 910r to dragster?

Hi, I'm just in the process of trading my 08 910r for a dragster.
I can pick up the standard dragster at a good price but i cant look past paying the extra for the dragster rr.I think extra 20hp and quick shifter would be worth it.
has anyone gone from a 910r to a dragster? how do they compare? would i regret not getting the RR?
any advice appreciated, cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 01:30 AM

New Site Garage
My feeling is if you can afford the RR, get it - you will always think you should have

I rode a standard Dragster 800 and didn't really jell with it. The seating position felt fixed in one place. But just IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers, Simon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Brutale 990R LE - Number 121/500
Brutale 910R

New Zealand MV Owners Group: For more info, go to the NZMV our website
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to join our mailing list & find us on Facebook.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 01:33 AM Thread Starter

Yeah thats what im thinking, how was the power/fuelling compared to your old 910r?
cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 03:33 AM

New Site Garage
I don't think there was an issue with fuelling.. Pretty smooth. I just remember that I didn't like the seating position and it didn't have the raw power feel that the 910R had. My feeling is the dragster is a 'God I love the look of the thing' type of bike. You either have to have it or you don't.

I like the B4

Cheers, Simon

Brutale 910R

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 03:33 AM

New Site Garage
Where are you in NZ BTW? Have you ridden one yet?

Cheers, Simon

Brutale 910R

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 03:49 AM

New Site Garage
I'm with "greminn" on this one, the Dragster to me is pretty cool looking, but I couldn't stand riding it, probably down to my long legs and I move around a lot on the bike.
If you want a triple, try the Brutale 800 instead, a dream bike and surprisingly pillion friendly, something I'd not say about the Dragster.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 05:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by greminn View Post
Where are you in NZ BTW? Have you ridden one yet?

Whangarei,no havent ridden one yet, but i never rode the 910r before i bought it, I remember reading articles about the 910 before i got it saying it is only a sunday scratcher and not for long trips but i went to the south island on it and it was awesome.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 05:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
I'm with "greminn" on this one, the Dragster to me is pretty cool looking, but I couldn't stand riding it, probably down to my long legs and I move around a lot on the bike.
If you want a triple, try the Brutale 800 instead, a dream bike and surprisingly pillion friendly, something I'd not say about the Dragster.
cheers,i will have to look into it a bit more, i know what im like though when i want something i will just get it haha
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 05:10 AM

New Site Garage
If you can push the extra cash I'd definitely go for the RR. Some say it's a little slower on the turn in with that big back tyre but can't say I've noticed anything compared to my Street triple. As Donsy says though if you're ever thinking about taking a passenger then stay well clear of the Dragster, there's just about enough room for my 12 year old daughter and there's nothing of her.
I'd never ridden any MV nevermind the Dragster before I bought it, it's as has been said you love the look of the bike and must have it. I don't know how tall Donsy is but I'm around 5'9/10ish and it's the perfect size bike for me.
The power is fantastic, the sound is glorious and the quickshifter just adds to the fun. I think it's actually lighter than my old Street 675 was so that I think makes it easier to throw around and balances out having the big back tyre. If you love it buy it, if it's not an insta wow bike then maybe get the Brutale RR.

Current steed - MY16 Dragster RR
Previous Bike - 2008 Triumph Street Triple
Scottish and living it up in South East Spain
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 05:13 AM Thread Starter

I have been thinking of some other bikes bmw s1000r, v4 tuono. but the bmw a bit to bland looking and there are lots of tuonos around and i love the look of the dragster rr and i think 140hp should be a bit of fun in a light bike like the dragster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode