Potential New Owner - 2014 Brutale 800 EAS - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2016, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Potential New Owner - 2014 Brutale 800 EAS

Greetings All,

I have been thinking about getting a second bike. My current bike is a 2007 Triumph Tiger 1050, and it is my 4th street bike. Prior to that, I rode Dirt Bikes for about 20 years.

I'm looking at a 2014 Brutale 800 EAS, with about 1600 miles, and looks to be very clean and like new.

Any information you want to add would be greatly appreciated... things to look out for, etc, or just how great the Brutale 800 is and why I should get one!

Two pints of concern that I read in reviews; I have heard the Ride by Wire throttle can seem disconnected from the engine, giving the power delivery a feeling of unpredictability or snatchyness, as well as possible twitchy front end when exiting corners.

Thanks in advance for any feedback and suggestions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 02:09 AM

New Site Garage
I have a Dragster RR and had heard the same things about the ride by wire throttle but it's as smooth if not even a touch smoother than my old Triumph street triple was. I think they did have issues early on but it has been ironed out with updated maps etc.
As for why you should get it, test ride it and that will be you sold

Current steed - MY16 Dragster RR
Previous Bike - 2008 Triumph Street Triple
Scottish and living it up in South East Spain
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jogort View Post
I have a Dragster RR and had heard the same things about the ride by wire throttle but it's as smooth if not even a touch smoother than my old Triumph street triple was. I think they did have issues early on but it has been ironed out with updated maps etc.
As for why you should get it, test ride it and that will be you sold
The none RR models prior to 2016 can't be compared to the RR models. They only have 1 injector vs 2 injectors on the RR and a redesigned air box. The results are very noticeable on a dyno and while riding.
That said, the normal Brutale is not that bad. Take it for a spin and try some throttle settings and you will find a setting that works for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 02:56 AM

New Site Garage
I had an early 2013 Brutale 800 and they were a bit snatchy on the throttle at first, although you shouldn't have to worry about that as the latest map updates sorted all this so the standard rain/normal/sport maps are now a lot smoother and so you can just leave it in sport, but the option is there to play around with your own custom map if you want to?

So if you are buying from an MV dealer make sure it's been updated with the latest fuel maps, if your not then take it along to one and get them to check/install for you.

I recommend getting the suspension set up for you (your weight and riding style) as they can feel a bit nervous, mine was pretty awful when I got it, felt like it wanted to throw me into a bush at every corner but getting the suspension set up was a revelation, the difference was like night and day. Some go straight out and buy a steering damper for them but I recommend setting up the stock suspension first. After mine was done I didn't feel the need for a damper.

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 03:20 AM
Established Member

Buy it and don't look back.
The throttle feel on mine is as good as my VFR1200F.
Mine is a bitch to start hot which I'll be talking to the dealer about and excessive cranking resets the trip meters which is a pain when calculating fuel stops but overall I'm loving this bike as a weekend toy.

My Current Bikes
2014 VFR1200F ~ How Fast Do You Want To Tour?
2013 B3 800 ~ Naked Foolishness!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys,

That's good to hear about the mapping, I suspected that might be the case.

I will definitely try and dial the suspension in for my weight and size, 5' 10", and 180 lbs.

I love the triple engine in my 1050, but have been wanting something a bit smaller, lighter, and more nimble, but still with good torque and punch.

The b3 Brutale 800 may just fit the bill.

What do you guys think of the EAS?

Anything else about the bike that is good to know, I would be happy to hear.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 02:08 PM

B3 was my first quickshift bike. Wouldn't buy another bike without one now. I just posted on throttle settings and the custom map with everything on sport but gas sensitivity on rain is the winner for me. Sounds wrong but works so right.
Suspension was all over the place when I got it. Much better now but I suspect it will end up somewhere pro to get it dead right.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode