To buy or not to buy ? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

To buy or not to buy ?

Hello there .
New to the forum . I'm due to go test ride the dragster . I'm currently riding a ninja 636 and although I was told it's not a suitable touring bike I've clocked over 26000 miles in two years around Europe , IOM , and UK .
And had sports bikes for the last three years . I fancy something different and the Dragster is such an awesome looking bike I need to test ride .
Now I know I shouldn't be influenced but there are so many bikers out there that seem dead against them :-/ say there not made to ride long miles , breakdown if they get wet :-/!? Only made to show off .
Please someone tell me there just jealous buggars lol !!
Any advise welcome :-)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 10:40 AM

Personally, if you have a supportive/good dealer, there isn't any issue that would put me off my bike.

I do a 36mile round trip at least 5 times a day, I have had it over a year and have about 10k miles on the clock.

I have had a few issues with the bike, which were sorted as soon as possible and I was always provided with another fun MV whilst they sorted the issues.

I do not regret getting this bike one bit, and it always puts a smile on my face.

Look after her and she will look after you

Kag

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

Fantastic :-) ! So in guessing it doesn't blow up in the rain like I got told yesterday ;-0 !
The dealers so far have been so helpful and accommodating . The only problem I have is the distance I have to travel for services , but it's a rideout and I'm sure they'd lend me a bike .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 11:03 AM

New Site Garage
Ahhh the old "it's Italian so it breaks down/bursts into flames/rusts away" remarks, oh how we chortle
I get all that. Had my last Brutale 800 for nearly 3 years, rode it in all weathers and clocked up 7500 miles on it (not many by your standards) but it was faultless apart from the gear sensor playing up which meant it kept displaying the wrong gear on the dash, a common problem with the early bikes and easily remedied by the dealer.
Oh how it annoys the "ney Sayers" when I tell them how reliable it was.

As said though, a good dealer support is essential imo no matter which brand you buy.

Where are you based and who's your local MV dealer?

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 03:08 PM

I have a 2015 dragster RR and it's my commute bike, its my only mode of transportation. Rain or shine I ride and we currently have El Niņo going on for the past two months. I've ridden in rain more times then not this year and the bike handles it fine. She has about 10k miles on her with no major issues at all.

What I do find hilarious is when I park the bike, there is an area that pisses about five cups of water out in a stream. It looks like someone pulled my bike out of a lake.

Atom
Brutale Dragster RR

Last edited by Atom; 03-23-2016 at 03:11 PM.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 03:24 PM

Don't be put off by the naysayers

The are fab bikes - someone on here did
about a 3k tour round Europe no probs ?
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Well thankyou for all your comments !!
My nearest dealer is Barnsley , bit of a trek for me being in Wigan but Paul has been great so far in replying to everything I've thrown at him :-) great service so far and I've not even been over yet !
If I ride the bike and like it I'm having it !! Loved these bikes from the first day they come out . Biking is my hobby , and hobbies should be fun not sensible ;-)
Thankyou again ! I will keep you posted !!
One more question !! Will my roll dry bag fit over the pilly seat for touring ?
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 04:02 PM

I have done 4500km trouble free km's on my 800rr. If I had listened to all the negative comments I would have missed out on one hell of a bike!

The last few thousand km have been some of the most enjoyable I have ever had. Awesome responsiveness, awesome handling. truly intuitive.

Faster and Faster untill the fear of death subsides.....
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 04:55 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
Fantastic :-) ! So in guessing it doesn't blow up in the rain like I got told yesterday ;-0 !
The dealers so far have been so helpful and accommodating . The only problem I have is the distance I have to travel for services , but it's a rideout and I'm sure they'd lend me a bike .
I'm 250km from my nearest dealer in rural Australia.
I'm new to the brand but in over 40yrs of riding there has been few bikes in my garage that I sneak out at night to just look at.
My B3 800 was second hand with low km's on the clock. I've found one issue so far that I can live with until the next service. That's the gear position sensor playing up. This bike will be a lot of fun (I hope) and the support from this forum is fantastic.

My Current Bikes
2014 VFR1200F ~ How Fast Do You Want To Tour?
2013 B3 800 ~ Naked Foolishness!
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Lol . I think I'll sneak in my garage and sleep with mine ;-)!
The forum seems great in glad I found it :-)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode