Dragster Rear Luggage Rack - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2016, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Smile Dragster Rear Luggage Rack

Ok, So i know it's not a touring bike, but there are a few who want to take it on trips longer than a day and/or maybe take some luggage with them ;-)

So to that end and considering i was bored in the workshop this evening, I decided to tackle the problem, ok not really a problem there, but i love challenges & self inflicted projects, so set to work making a prototype rear rack for the Dragster.

A few hours later, here's what i came up with......yes maybe not the best looking thing in the world, but what luggage carriers are? It's simple, practical and serves a function, at least no horrible scaffolding everywhere and it can be fitted or removed in 2-3 minutes, 3 allen bolts, that's it, No mods to the bike needed & very strong, i had my 9 year old daughter sit on it and it held her weight with no problems. ��

I now have the final template, so i intend to get one laser cut from 6mm Aluminium & powder coated in the the next few weeks, so if anyone else is interested in it, then please let me know so that i can gauge interest, as it's possible i could get a batch made up, the more i get made, the cheaper they would be. Alternatively, if you're handy in the garage, then you could easily knock one up of your own.
Attached Images

Last edited by Johnsie; 02-22-2016 at 06:00 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Johnsie For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2016, 07:59 PM

New Site Garage
Nice work there mate, I'd be interested in one. Where are you on this wee planet of ours though as postage might be restrictive.
edit// meant to say I also have a Kreiga bag so looks perfect for that.
Oh, and has that bike ever seen a road, looks bloody clean.

I see some UK sockets in the background so postage to Spain would be fine.

Current steed - MY16 Dragster RR
Previous Bike - 2008 Triumph Street Triple
Scottish and living it up in South East Spain

Last edited by Jogort; 02-22-2016 at 08:01 PM.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

Yes mate, i am in the Uk, so posting to Spain shouldn't be too far out of the relms ;-)
No not yet worse luck, waiting for this crap weather to brighten up so i can go out and abuse it, a few trips planned for the summer with possibly Wheels and Waves in Biarritz, hence the luggage rack lol, can't wait.
http://www.wheels-and-waves.com/en/
I am going to the metalworks in the next few days to see on prices and quantities, so will update you on what transpires.... watch this space
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2016, 10:47 PM

+1 Mate
Old 02-23-2016, 11:39 AM
Established Member

Hi guys.
I did something similar with my dragster - one thing you might want to do is replace the M6 screws with studs and nuts - after taking mine on and off a handful of times, I noticed one of the screws had come loose from the regular bouncing and flexing while riding and the thread felt a bit weaker, so I loctited in some threaded rod and put flange nuts on the top instead - much easier to torque up consistently.
Old 02-28-2016, 02:41 AM

Assuming 20kg ish for SWL given your 9 yr old

Singapore based but i got you on the postage.

Any particuliar bags that will suit well? Need to make sure i can get one of those too as currently no touring bag

otherwise +1 here to in black please

Previous Rides:
Honda CBR250RR 88' / Yamaha YZF R6 03' / Yamaha YZF R1 04' / Yamaha YZF R1 05' / Yamaha YZF R6 05' (track beast) / Kawasaki Ninja 250R 09' (track beast)/ MV Brutale Dragster RR 15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-29-2016, 03:17 AM

This one would have made my trip last summer a lot better

15' Dragster RR
97' Triumph Speed Triple T509

08' Alfa Romeo 159 Q4
94' Lancia Delta Integrale EVOII Bianco Perlato
92' Lancia Delta Integrale EVOI 8v
Old 03-25-2016, 05:20 AM

New Site Garage
How's this coming along?

Current steed - MY16 Dragster RR
Previous Bike - 2008 Triumph Street Triple
Scottish and living it up in South East Spain
Old 04-18-2016, 10:35 PM

Also checking in...

Im planning a big ride from Singapore to Thailand and this would be sweet.

Previous Rides:
Honda CBR250RR 88' / Yamaha YZF R6 03' / Yamaha YZF R1 04' / Yamaha YZF R1 05' / Yamaha YZF R6 05' (track beast) / Kawasaki Ninja 250R 09' (track beast)/ MV Brutale Dragster RR 15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Sorry for the delay, i have been extremely busy, but i am pleased to let you guy know that.....

NOW AVAILABLE
I have made a significant outlay and am pleased to let you know that i have now had these professionally produced on a small limited run of 10, only 9 available, so get it quick before they are gone. (If there is more demand, they there may be a possibility of another larger production run in the future)
DRAGSTER ALUMINIUM LUGGAGE RACK
DESIGNED & MANUFACTURED IN THE UK
MADE FROM HIGH GRADE 6.5mm LASER CUT ALUMINIUM
NO MODIFICATION TO THE BIKE REQUIRED
SIMPLE FITMENT IN MINUTES (only 3 bolts)
Attached Images

Last edited by Donsy; 04-12-2017 at 06:34 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in