MV Agusta Forum banner

How many miles on your B3?

9K views 62 replies 28 participants last post by  910BrutaleHydrogen 
#1 ·
Just curious as to what people have clocked up?

I'm still in the honeymoon period so doing way too much... Something like 750 miles per month

Got mine 1st March and at 2000 currently

Any engine issues on higher mileage stuff?

#6 ·
Aug 13, just a smidge under 10,000 miles, engine is superb apart from the starter sprag clutch.

#10 ·
I'm in a similar boat to Gonzo. Received it April of 2014 and it has 11,000 miles on it with several months of not riding due to my schedule or its finickiness. It's in the shop right now for it's 4th sprag, it's on the second tank, second seat, had a hell of a time with stalling until a leak in the intake manifold was found, and second rear brake light switch. On a good note, I didn't need the valves adjusted at the 7,500 mile service and no engine troubles to speak of.

#12 ·
Some of you guys have had some real grief. Looks like 13 models had some issues

I either have it all to come or they have sorted this... I guess time and miles will tell

July 13, I've got 18K miles on it so far. Only issues are multiple sprags, gear position sensor, Nasty seat discoloration, sprocket gasket. Not sure how much longer I'm going to keep the bike though.

#13 ·
Was out yesterday and the quick shifter did not work!! And the bike started rewing when throtle was off..
Turned the qs off, and no issues with the throttle..... it's Italian, so I guess it's the way it is :D

#15 ·
2014 ABS...3,100 miles. No issues.
I have heard the clunk at starting back around 1,000 miles. Then again around 2,900 miles, but it went away and bike continued to start flawlessly. I did replace the battery over the winter with a Shorai LFX, much stronger battery.

#23 ·
Bunch of light weights! 37000Km's, mostly happy but not all

I have 37000Km's on my 2013 B3 800 EAS, I recon its probably the highest anywhere on the forum.

it hasn't been issue free though and honestly I have probably had an issue at every service. I had the exhaust replaced at 6000km's due to something coming loose in the CAT, a broken fan, a broken Throttle, a couple of clutches, a few fork seals, front bearing failure and a complete engine rebuild due to a cracked valve at 36000KM's.

2015 has been a bit rough as it took 4 Months for parts and the engine to be rebuilt so I would probably be well over 40 000km's if they would have got the parts sooner.

Attachments

#24 ·
I have 37000Km's on my 2013 B3 800 EAS, I recon its probably the highest anywhere on the forum.

it hasn't been issue free though and honestly I have probably had an issue at every service. I had the exhaust replaced at 6000km's due to something coming loose in the CAT, a broken fan, a broken Throttle, a couple of clutches, a few fork seals, front bearing failure and a complete engine rebuild due to a cracked valve at 36000KM's.

2015 has been a bit rough as it took 4 Months for parts and the engine to be rebuilt so I would probably be well over 40 000km's if they would have got the parts sooner.
This is one I wanna see updates on. That's some serious mileage right there!

#29 ·
My sprag has never given an issue, that would be two drive clutches. The 800 pushes out more power so MV threw in another plate but I recon that was a quick fix, newer models with slipper clutches don't seem to have the same design so appear to be more reliable. See the little chunks of broken metal in the pic.

Attachments

#31 ·
I recon i will get 14000km during this week, and no issues :D
Do trackdays every thursday, and i ride it like i stole it :D
Well, have been hard to start some times when hot, but after a night with the charger it seems ok :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.