MV Agusta Forum banner

07 910R vs 1090RR

6K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  JohnnyDMV 
#1 ·
How does the 910R compare to the new 1090RR Brutale power wise? Always wondered which model and year is the fastest out of all of the Brutales. Kinda newbie questions, but always wondered.

#2 ·
Looking at the Spec sheets on MV's website it lists both the 1090RR & the 990R having the same top speed (164.5MPH @ 11,650RPMs). HP is 144.2 @ 11,600RPMs (1090RR) & 139 @10,600RPMs (990R).
The 910R comes in at a top speed of 159.6MPH @12,000RPMs. HP is 136 @ 11,000RPMs
Of course these are just numbers pulled from MV's site. As far as "real world" numbers I haven't a clue.
Anyway I hope this helps.
Cheers,
Glenn

#6 ·
Thanks yamadog. I have to say I have been riding my MV since april when I last rode my FZ1. Well I got on my FZ1 the other day and was like WOW, way faster than my brute. The hp numbers we have just disappoint me. I have 150+ @the rear wheel on my FZ1. I can see myself sending my engine to Mr Eldo very soon.

#7 ·
Why do we get so hung up on hp/torque #s? Personally I don't give a damn if some YamaKawaHondaZuki, mass produced, everyone's got one bike with little to no soul can blow the doors off my Brutale. I'm learning very quickly that the bikes we own are extremely special. To my knowledge I have the only 1090RR in Florida, not exactly a small, podunk state. Besides even with a "pitiful" 120 rwhp our bikes still scream & unless someone pulls up in a some $200K+ hyper car, nothing on 4 wheels is gonna take us off the line. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of performance, but I'm not going to allow myself to get hung up on #s with this bike. I'm just going to enjoy knowing that I have something truly unique, that no other "production motorcycle" can match... pure, unadulterated "Motorcycle Art"
Cheers,
Glenn

#9 ·
I totaly agry wit G21090,

Living in Canada, just purchast a Brutale 1090R......
This is my street bike.... Power is more than enought....
My buddy is running s Streetfighter...... I can outrun him anytime... It's the person riding it...

And yes, this beast is so particular, so different, and so COOL.......

#11 ·
I agree with the above comments also, but I believe it should have higher numbers thats all. The bike projects bad ass and it is, just could be better.But when my " no one hardly knows what an FZ1 is, not everyone has one" bike is noticably faster, that bothers me I guess. It is 998 vs 910 cc's however. I still am in love with my Brutale, no need to get everyones panty's in a wad. I just want more hp. I like eddypro's 142, thats nice.

#15 ·
Thanks buddy,at the moment my 1078 puts out more than my mates 1090,we had a strap on a long straight and the 1078 left him behind,so we are now ordering new pipes to decate ,race ecu and pc5 then he will get it dyno tuned,just so we can get real rear wheel horse power out of it.
all the best cheers eddy:popcorn:

#12 ·
Well I hope you get your Brutale to whatever hp #s are going to work to make you happy. To me it's a never ending battle as there's always going to be something out there that will be quicker, better, more powerful, even if it seemingly shouldn't. Someone posted recently on the F4 side a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxI3EtipVgI showing MV's 200HP F4RR coming in last against the BMW S1000RR & the new Kawasaki ZX10R. But at the end of it the host claims he'd take the F4 over the other 2 bikes.

#13 ·
Well I hope you get your Brutale to whatever hp #s are going to work to make you happy. To me it's a never ending battle as there's always going to be something out there that will be quicker, better, more powerful, even if it seemingly shouldn't. Someone posted recently on the F4 side a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxI3EtipVgI showing MV's 200HP F4RR coming in last against the BMW S1000RR & the new Kawasaki ZX10R. But at the end of it the host claims he'd take the F4 over the other 2 bikes.

Yep, I saw that recently. I just believe the crank #'s should be rwhp. I know it will never be the quickest, just want more hp, I think I said that already. LOL :) On my recent Ark trip, I believe I had the coolest bike in town.

#16 · (Edited)
me personaly its not a speed thing as i think there is not much in it, power the 910 feels like it has shit loads more power .. it rougher twitchy er well it feels like an mv should the 1090 is smoother more refined more jap like

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.